How far are you through The core? (1 Viewer)

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
So the first term of ancient hisotry is over, My class seems to be way behind. I look at the syllabus and it only looks like we covered everyday life, religion, economics, geography and thats about it.:jaw:

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE!

Should I use the Holidays to finish this topic on my own? or is everyone else still not finished?

Should I type out the notes, or would it be better to write them out according to the syllabus?

How do you guys study for this damned subject?

Well I asked about 50003838 questions. but meh.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Tulii said:
So the first term of ancient hisotry is over, My class seems to be way behind. I look at the syllabus and it only looks like we covered everyday life, religion, economics, geography and thats about it.:jaw:

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE!

Should I use the Holidays to finish this topic on my own? or is everyone else still not finished?

Should I type out the notes, or would it be better to write them out according to the syllabus?

How do you guys study for this damned subject?

Well I asked about 50003838 questions. but meh.
mk, with ancient, to get through the content, you really have to suppliment your class learning with independent learning. Ask your teacher for other books on P&H (apart from Bradley), read widely and make plenty of notes.

Defs use the holidays if your behind, and as for writing or typing notes, thats personal preference. Due to the large content, organising things in terms of the syllabus can be useful.

To study, READ READ READ, write notes, do summaries, test yourself (mini quizzes) think the concepts through and always address the significance of an event, not just describe the event itself.

Whenever you write notes, try to back up everything you say with a source, whether it be written, archaelogical or epigraphic, you will thank yourself later. And make sure you also address the reliability of that particular source. If you can argue conflicting significance between sources, all the better, or even conflicting veiws on events held by different modern historians.

Last edited:

cheese!

HSC
We've got through basically all of it, just need to finish up the last few dot points. Our teacher tried to get through nearly a dot point a lesson (we've got 2 hour lessons) so we could get everything done. Its pretty hectic

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cheese! said:
We've got through basically all of it, just need to finish up the last few dot points. Our teacher tried to get through nearly a dot point a lesson (we've got 2 hour lessons) so we could get everything done. Its pretty hectic
You have three periods a day? i call bullshit.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Or perhaps two periods of ancient back to back?
hm, i dunno... but if so, god that would suck if you had it for other subjects, like maths or something...

X

xeuyrawp

-may-cat- said:
hm, i dunno... but if so, god that would suck if you had it for other subjects, like maths or something...
It would be good for subjects, like history, where you really want students to absorb less topics but more depth of them.

Subjects like maths and languages require frequent one-hour classes.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
We finished Pompeii and Herculaneum in term four with a couple of days to spare. It was a massive topic but we managed to get everything done.
I generally write history notes in dot points when I study for it. I leave the dot points on post-it notes and stick them up around the house so every now and then I read it and it just sticks in my mind. Re-reading notes you've made in class every now and then also works.

Starless

HSC
We haven't touched it yet. We're doing it as our last topic, and we're starting next week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)