How exactly does your classes performance affect your mark? (1 Viewer)

Hopp

HSC
Sorry, I know this is posted about a lot but I can't find a proper answer yet.

I go to a just above average public school, and am achieving top 3 in all my subjects. I just have a query about how an overall poorly performing class can affect the people at the top's marks?

My Ancient and Geography class have a small amount of higher achieving students and a large tail-end. Just a bit nervous :(

Examine

same
HSC
Since the gaps in class marks are also taken into consideration when translating it into an internal mark, you should be fine.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Since the gaps in class marks are also taken into consideration when translating it into an internal mark, you should be fine.
This. As long as you do well throughout the year and your teachers don't mark your class biased, then you will be fine.

Happened to Physics where 3 of us got band 6, and the rest got below 70. However my assessment mark was only 2 below my exam mark, which I would say is purely due to my Physics option scaling highly for me and considering we had no assessment for option because everyone did their own.

For my friend in legal, they had a biased marking scheme against them, and got a 93 exam mark, but 80 assessment mark, because everyone above them did badly in the external and the teacher marked in a biased manner.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)