How does tutoring work? (1 Viewer)

cloud edwards

HSC
Ok so i haven't been to tutoring before, but essentially how does tutoring work? I've heard about (for example dux college) you learn stuff kinda like you are in class. So do you learn the same content in class?

I've also heard about one:eek:n:eek:ne tutoring, (this might sound dumb but i'm new to the field), so at tutoring do tutors give you new content (similar to the tutoring centres like dux) or can they help you out with your personal questions or can they do both.

And in people's opinion, which option (tutoring centre or one on one) has the highest percentage of people getting high atars, typically.

Thanks

ScienceGuy99

HSC
Hopefully this is still relevant to you at the moment.

During tutoring you typically go over the concepts you're having difficulty with and simply work on them until you understand it to a level you feel is sufficient... if you're honest with the tutor and tell them when you don't understand something, even if it's the fourth time they've attempted to explain it.

This will differ with the subject. For example, maths involves doing maths, science involves going through concepts and doing practice questions, english involves (I assume, I've never had it) going over essays and working on them, perhaps creative stories and short answer questions.

One-on-one tutoring is much better in my opinion as there's no distractions. Working in another classroom environment with other students and a teacher-like figure probably wouldn't supply you with a better teaching experience than what you'd get in a classroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)