How does this work? (1 Viewer)

deweydude

How do the lectures and tutorials work? Like, what do we have to do and stuff. I'm a bit confused as to all of this as no one has explained it too me at all ever.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
lectures are compulsory and must be attended
tutorials must be attended and are also cumpolsary but u only hav to attend it once a day
for example u might note on some days ur timetables shows u hav tutorials more than once in that day
this doesn't mean u hav to attend all of them
it means that u hav a chioce of which one u would like to attend and only hav to do so once
this is all sorted out once u commence ur course
usually ur first lecture
i've already sorted out my lectures and tutorials and i've done a rough timetable of my own so its easier for me to understand
the lectures are compulsory so i included them in their time slot
but with the tutorials if there was more than once, then i chose the time slot i most preferred
take note that if u hav only one tutorial then thats the one u attend, no chioce about it, its obvious but just letting u know
heres my rough timetable so u guys can see what i mean
made things easier for me
:)

fringey

HSC
I can not believe that u made up a rough time table. You must be really pumped about this whole UNI thing. And i must say, the most organised boy I have ever heard of!! Good on ya! It seems as though u like to know a lot about everything.

fringey

HSC
Okay I have looked at my timetable.

So you only have to attend one tutorial a day. Can you attend more or do they just repeat the same information?
Each week can you go to different tutorial timeslots or do you have to lock it in?

Oh and do you know when we get to choose electives?

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
excited yes, but not in a geeky way, but in a, i wanna be prepared when i get there way :)
i dont know about electives
i presume we get told all the procedures during o-week and if not then, then during our commencing lectures
as far as i understand it yes i only hav to atend 1 tutorial a week and yes they are repeated info although dont quote me on that just yet
and these tutorials are i'm pretty sure locked in becuase u hav to apply for each one

bex

HSC
Youre keen telepathetic! i havent looked at mine yet but i guess i will now that youve reminded me!
the way it works is that you have the lecture for each subject which the time cannot be negotiable- yeah theyre compulsory but most of the time they dont take attendence... I had a thursday arvo at 5pm and of 300 people, only about 15 were there! i was amazed cause i rarely went to that lecture.... anyway then from the list of tuts and workshops you chose most probably only one of each... like if you d COM 118 you have the lecture, a workshop and a tutorial (which is a maclab) Theyre also compulsory but the required attendence is only 75% pf the total tutorials for the subject. so in most subjects you can miss say 3 without failing. You can decide which tutorials you want now but you cant enrol for them until o week when you have to go to the subject coordinators office and write down your name... but they tell you all this in o week anyway so no need to stress..

bex

HSC
i dont know bout them- id say once a week but dont quote me on that.. its not really necessaary to be working out timetables and such right away, all that can be done when you get there

hazza

im confused :(

for one of my subjects i have a tutorial and a lecture at the same time on a tuesday and then on a thursday i have a tutorial and a lecture on the same day and they are the only tutorials that are offered

wahhh

bex

HSC
thats retarded.. dont worry bout it, your whole course is in the same position! it will all be sorted out when you get there..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)