• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How does the UNSW ACCESS scheme work? (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
I have a few questions regarding the UNSW access scheme:

- How many bonus points does it offer to students?
- Can i apply if my school is in a low socioeconomic area? (and how do i check this?)
- Is it restricted to specific courses at UNSW?
- Will bonus points also be added on top of this scheme?

UNSW that to apply you school:
-has been identified by the NSW Department of Education and Communities (DEC) as among the most socio-economically disadvantaged in the NSW Government sector, or
-has been identified by DEC as geographically isolated or participating in the Connected Communities program, or
was formerly included in the Australian Government's National Partnership for Low Socio-economic Status School Communities Program, or
-has been identified as comparable to schools in the above categories by the Catholic Education Commission of NSW

where can i check if my school meets this criteria? I am pretty sure it does considering i nearly always get mugged on my way to school, lol :p

thx.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
http://www.uac.edu.au/eas/schools/

Yes you can. My school was private but located in one of these regions and thus (somehow) i was eligible for S01A EAS points. From my own calculations this was around 3 points.

From what i know, EAS applied to most courses bar CO-OP and Med.

Yes, ACCESS Scheme points are in addition to your subject bonus points however iirc UNSW will only give you a maximum of 5 points combined. E.g if you get 4 subject bonus points and 3 ACCESS points, only 5 will count towards your course.

astroman

HSC
my preferred course is 91 atar, so with the access scheme will i get 5 bonus, i.e acceptance with 86?

astroman

HSC
what does it mean by degree of disadvantage? I am pretty sure i will only receive for school's location, i have no personal or family related issues that could be included.

xNoLiMiTz

HSC
I guess it means if someone has suffered disadvantages severe enough for those ten bonus points or suffers from more than one circumstances during their HSC study.

HSC
what does it mean by degree of disadvantage? I am pretty sure i will only receive for school's location, i have no personal or family related issues that could be included.
So basically you apply for what you're eligible for and the uni takes it from there
I guess it means if someone has suffered disadvantages severe enough for those ten bonus points or suffers from more than one circumstances during their HSC study.
you won't always get 10 points extra. School location would be something like 2-3 (fairly low)

astroman

HSC
So basically you apply for what you're eligible for and the uni takes it from there

you won't always get 10 points extra. School location would be something like 2-3 (fairly low)
will this all be included on top of the FEAS scheme or can will i only be allowed to apply for 1 scheme?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)