How do you.... (1 Viewer)

Knights_chick

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to this site and I just want to know how does everyone memorise their essays?? For English Advanced we have to try and remember 4 essays, what the??
Also, when you analyse something, like a book or a film, do you put that into your essay as well or do you do something else with it?? My friend needs this to be answered quick, lol

username

HSC
errr learning essays is pointless. Write practice essays and get the general jist of what you want to say and then use that. Dont waste time learning ti off by heart.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
it depends on how you work. i work best by preparing notes that doesnt answer any particular question but is divided up into themes. when you're analysing a text, of course you should mention it :p just try dont get into a bad habit of retelling the text, but analyse it :)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i learn the topic sentences 1st, and then take it from their. I learn by reading the essay to others ( its funny when u read say an ancient history essay to someone who does all science and maths they are like wtf .. anyways) i write it out, etc etc

english - i probably wouldnt try memorise word for word. i memorised one ancient history essay and that proved to be a good idea! ( coz the essay include points on all the topics) then i didnt need to study the topis, i just wrote out the appororiate paragraph of my essay for my answer on test day ...

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
yeh true about memorising essays takes up so much time! ( time u could use to study another sub) but if you know the exacts essay question you are going to get ( as ion your teachers tells you) then if you wish to memorise a response it may prove to be valuable

grimreaper

HSC
i just memorised 4 essays however not many people do that. Personally, I think it takes less time than remembering stuff about each theme or whatever and you dont need to think about what youre going to write in the exam (other than adapting it to the question of course)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)