how do you write fast and legibly in eng exams (1 Viewer)

D

dzzlng_07

i have about 1100 words for each of the three essays in paper 2 coming up...

gosh by the end of the second essay, my hand feels like they're about to melt and my writing turns into squibly lines... :mad1:

any techniques on how to write fast and legibly and less painful?

Last edited by a moderator:

morganforrest

HSC
dzzlng_07 said:
how do you write fast and legibly in eng exams
With a pen...

But seriously, stop bitching and just write. It's too late to do anything now, the only way to improve is to practice. You're just gonna have to suck it up and write with a cramp, or edit your essays to write less.

D

dzzlng_07

morganforrest said:
suck it up and write with a cramp, or edit your essays to write less.
i meant more like advice ie, put less pressure on ur arm... things that people have tried that have worked
and im sure others would like some last minute advice too, im not the only one struggling am i?...

zaqwerty

HSC
A decent pen is obviously a great help, but different pens suit different people, hopefully you've found something that suits your grip by now. It's probably too late for the whole "eraser on the end of your pen" thing.

Don't press too hard...

I find printing is a lot more painful than running writing (but that's probably a personal thing), and if all else fails, just ask for massages from friends/family after the exam :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Practice, practice, practice. :)

But not too much, cause then you'll tire yourself out.

I'd suggest for you to shorten one or two of your essays a bit more. It'll give you some extra time if your hands do start to hurt.

Agree with zaqwerty - Decent pen + don't press too hard.

I'm quite lucky, i write fairly fast and neatly throughout, but when my hands start hurting, for some weird reason - i write even faster.

kokodamonkey

HSC
for the past 6months i've had a nailclipper stickytaped to my pen.. THat way its heavier when i've been writing past months etc and i simply use a difpen/take it off when in exams.. thatway in exams im writing with someting that weighs less, and thus i can write neater/faster and my hand does not hurt after writing 3essays in paper2! So i was one of the ones not complaining after that in the trials :D But alas too late 4 u 2start now. ohwell.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
You've probably written crappy essays anyway.

Revise content, make it more succinct and coherent. That gets the marks.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Write like hell and dont stop during the exam, seriously, wen i rote my first 3 pages for paper 1 my hand was hurintg for some reason, just keep pushing it and keep writing, just tell urself that this is the LAST ENGLISH EXAM OF YOUR LIFE. that provides all the motivation you need to get through the pain :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Stretch your hand if you start to hurt; muscle pain like that is caused by intense contraction and needs to be stretched back out.

Doctor Sam to the rescue.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
you don't notice the pain as much in the exam - you are too stressed out your brain doesn't have time to register that your hand is dying and so you keep writing.

there isn't a secret to writing fast. it just differs between people but certainly the more you practice the more you can improve. just make sure everything you write is relevant and you're not just writing it cos it sounds good and it was part of your pre-written essay.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I took Neurofen (i cant even spell it!) before the exam because i keep getting headaches.

My hand didnt get sore at all during the exam. Now that it has worn off I can barely move it!

eppingMCE

HSC
Write with a black pen its much more legible, and practice practice practice. if that aint helping or ur feeling lazy cut down ur essay, or even better break ur arm so u get a writer for u plus u get extra time so no need to write faster or write at all in that case lol

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I would like to re-assert my suggestion of large amounts of wanking for males to strengthen their writing hand, seeing as the fucking mods do not want me to actually help people.

You pleasure yourself and build strength for writing. What more could one want?

maninventedmeh

HSC
bringbackshred said:
I would like to re-assert my suggestion of large amounts of wanking for males to strengthen their writing hand, seeing as the fucking mods do not want me to actually help people.

You pleasure yourself and build strength for writing. What more could one want?
Interesting.. my reply to your post was also deleted... and all I had was implied shouting and swearing in a derogatory way to females! As if they have feelings! And maybe somewhat jealous at the fact the I am capable of destroying small children and their pets. Oh well, maybe 'telling the truth' isn't so widely received afterall. My hand is still so very strong.

peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)