How do YOU study? (1 Viewer)

Apple Sauce

HSC
Hey Year 12's; Share what works for you, it is simply reading your textbooks, past papers, palm cards? Also feel free to share what hasn't worked for you or someone else you know.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Read for a wide range of sources and make notes weekly as you go along. So like every sunday can be noteday where you write notes for the week about what you have done so far.

Apple Sauce

HSC
I know I find English probably the hardest to 'study' especially since the course moves so fast, but is doing questions the only preparation to be done? (other than wide reading, knowing your texts )

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Writes notes (collation of textbooks, handouts and class notes), essay plans (these are particularly important), mould content to past HSC questions.

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Rote learning all the way, nothing else really works for me ):

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Rote learning all the way, nothing else really works for me ):
lol, I also rote learn but to be honest I tried like all study techniques but nothing works for me. For biology, you can't really study, if you don't rote learn most of the topics.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I read my notes until 3-4 weeks before my exams and then did past papers/practice questions

Teaching/helping other people can also be of a great advantage to you as you're reinforcing that you actually understand the concept. And if you don't, you will know to go back and revise/learn it

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
~Rote-learn~

English --> Essays + extra analysis --> memorise and mould.
Maffs --> Questions and questions and questions.
Economics --> Make notes, know the notes then spam questions.
Business Studies --> ^
Physics --> Know the syllabus and spam questions.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
~Rote-learn~

English --> Essays + extra analysis --> memorise and mould.
Maffs --> Questions and questions and questions.
Economics --> Make notes, know the notes then spam questions.
Business Studies --> ^
Physics --> Know the syllabus and spam questions.
good study Plan, I hope you do your best, bro

I basically do the same as you my friend,

I just start writing syllabus notes for biology and chemistry and SOr 1U. I learn them the best as I can and reinforce my knowledge fo what I learn of questions and I mark these myself and I teach my brother.

Note: That teaching somebody else, helps you remember 90% of the information- You can easily get 100% in science exams by apply this technique. This technique really works for sciences.

For maths, what I do is collect as much as past papers and look for common patterns in questions and practice those common questions. This allows you brain to get familiar with the wide range of questions, that examiners can really ask you. This technique is proven to work with many top 98+ students.

I myself have a dream to really help those students who are struggle just like I am in HSC.

good luck to everyone! I hope HSC runs smoothly.

Last edited:

Nataliexu

HSC
palm cards for english.
print off a syllabus and write everything i know about each dot point. then the ones i don't know, i'll highlight and learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)