How do you study? (1 Viewer)

Jaylee42003

HSC
I never studied for anything in year ten, except for science. I just completed past papers as much as I could, under exam conditions. You can never go wrong with past papers.

Cee.

HSC
I never study. Only in the last minute or days before exams. I read over what I learned, write up notes and probably cram in the last minute. Not the best method of studying out there though.

Forev3r

HSC
I have the worse study habbits
I try to study but i get so distracted
I end up on the laptop or playing with my bunnies
XD
but when i do i write down notes, answer q's type them out and so i can take them to school and try to remeber everything the period before the exam

for math i just do chaper reviews

sugarnaut

HSC
study with friends quizzing each other and finding out things that we may have missed
usually these sessions are 1-2 weeks before the exams and i write so many practice essays for history and english!

in-sane

HSC
i never learnt how to study...
all i do is cram and cram before the test... which usually is only 15min. :p

i tried studying, but i only lasted a day.

HSC
I summarise, put all my notes into bullet points and read them aloud and usually record them so I can play them over whenever I want to.
But sometimes, if the topic is exceptionally boring, that strategy doesn't work. For my half-yearlies in History and Geography, I couldn't remember a thing even though I went over my notes an insane amount of times AND recorded them and put them onto my iPod.
So, I thought of what daily things I remember most easily. Which, of course, is music and song lyrics. So, I used my notes as song lyrics and sung along to the tunes of my favourite songs and I remembered pretty much everything!

It's a bit nerdish, and I'll probably have to do it again for my yearly exams, but it really works especially if you're like me and you can remember the lyrics to pretty much any song haha.

reality3435

HSC
simple, I don't study.

although I know people who write out pages and pages of notes, others would memorize english essays ... but it's still year 10, especially since it's the SC, there really is no point studying for it since we should all be getting band 5/6s easy.

Besides, the term 'burn out' would be more appropriate, you don't want to peak in year 10, you're screwed if that happens, heck you don't even want to peak in year 11 thus no study/minimal study outside listening and doing appropriate exercises set out for homework.

Charles Bean

HSC
I took it pretty easy in year 10. I think it's let me down though, I'm kind of retarded when it comes to studying. All I do is just summarise and read stuff and mindmap. I don't know, it seems to have worked alright. My memory sucks though and I find it hard to concentrate on things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)