How do you study for exams/ Most effective method? (1 Viewer)

Ambition

HSC
Anyone have some effective studying techniques? i.e including ways to memorise things for exams.

Kiim2507

HSC
Depends on your learning style I guess. Although at school we had this study skills thing and the guy told us 2 girls got like 99 UAI and they continously made notes and read through them throughout the term so by the time they had exams they knew 30 pages + of notes off by heart.

I would try it but I'm not that dedicated or organised.

cs01001

HSC
I might start making my dot-by-dot point for the humanity subjects sometime soon

LordPc

HSC
repitition is probably the most effective way of memorising anything like we know our phone numbers and mobile numbers cause we use them so often that we need to know them.

so if you wrote down every formula u need to know for physics or a bunch of definitions of key terms for economics or something and looked at them at everyday you could very well have them memorised

but doubt this method would work in conjunction with the "night before the exam" study technique

acronyms work for some people but usually there arent any vowels.

Evergreen

HSC
read, dot points, repeat writing until they are fully memorized then do past papers.

lcx

HSC
yeh dot points, work but yeh u hav to do it quite a while b4 the exam, and not spend lik 1hr on it

zy

HSC
LordPc said:
repitition is probably the most effective way of memorising anything like we know our phone numbers and mobile numbers cause we use them so often that we need to know them.

so if you wrote down every formula u need to know for physics or a bunch of definitions of key terms for economics or something and looked at them at everyday you could very well have them memorised

but doubt this method would work in conjunction with the "night before the exam" study technique

acronyms work for some people but usually there arent any vowels.
i agree.

Jaden Cross

HSC
Personally, I find it easier to memorise things in lists. Helps me to prevent from forgetting things too because I can remember how many things are in the list. Of course, going over the lists several times over an extended period is highly efficient too.

ccc123

HSC
It's obvious enough, but start revising early. I learnt to do this the hard way after suffering the ill effects of cramming. I find repetition is the best method, but study from a variety of sources, because ploughing through the same pile of notes is demoralising and monotonous as hell.

Acronyms are good, but don't have too many, because I made up about 20 for a broad range of subjects and it got confusing.

Also, always do practice papers or questions, otherwise you get no practice actually bringing your knowledge together in some sort of structure.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Holy shit get that signature the fuck gone.

Anyway um, I kind of don't study for exams. I do plan on rectifying this habit though...

Last edited:

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
The best way to study?

Sing the information to yourself.

Then start singing it to your friends.

It'd stick in your head.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)