How do you study for each subject and manage your time? (1 Viewer)

sleepybearx

HSC
Just curious:
How do you study for each of your subjects!?

Or basically, how do you manage your time effectively + how you study. :))) aw yeah.
:thrust:
  1. How much time do you spend? per night/week

2. Do you make notes for each of your subjects? If so, how do you do it?
    1. e.g. Outline method, writing on paper, summarising, typing.

3. Do you practice questions? If so, how much questions do you do? And how often?

4. Do you take breaks often?

5. What is your current work environment? or what is your ideal work environment?
    1. Is there something that MUST be present whilst you study?
      1. e.g. Warm lighting, tea, music, your favourite team's jersey etc.

6. Do you use other resources often?

7. Do you think your method is a great way to excel at your subjects?
    1. Do you recommend others to follow through?

8. What keeps you motivated? Or what distracts you from getting things done!?
    1. Ways of overcoming procrastination etc.

9. How much leisure time do you get from your study methods?

:sun:fanks guize

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
1. i was doing 5-6 hours but ive toned that down to 3-4 nowadays because i was getting burnt out. but on the weekend about 7-8.

2. make notes for all of my subject but most in different ways. histories and english i need my notes or else im screwed. whereas physics and math i mainly use past papers.

3. yah fairly often but mainly for phys math as mentioned. if im studying for exam ill be doing them everyday. only really do essays when teacher asks or building up to an exam usually do about 5 and then use them as study notes (for history mainly).

4. yah. probably like every hour or so but its usually to get food or drink so its not long.

5. need warm lighting. my lamp is perf. i like music whilst i study. yiruma is best study music ever.

6. always use resources both from school and peopls notes from here to compile my notes so that it is of a greater scope.

7. i like my way it seems to be working but its a little tiring somedays. yah id suggest it but dont do it if it doesnt suit you.

8.i have a big poster above my bed of my desired atar. yes i know. im a douchebag

9. depends on the time. exams i get none. during normal times i usually have an hour or 2 but its not like i leave my room anyway

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Will post my personal answers for when I did my HSC. I'm short on time so please excuse the poor expression.

1. ~ 5-6 hours per night.
2. Nope. I used others' state ranking notes and added to them. I mainly spent the time saved on doing exam questions.
3. Yes. AS MANY AS YOU CAN DO!
4. Yes. Facebook, House, Dexter, etc were all part of my HSC =]
5. I'm happy in my room. Had lady gaga blaring for my whole HSC. Paws up, guys.
6. Mainly state ranking notes and exam questions. Lots of textbooks too, as some textbooks so certain sections better than others.
7. Yes, and yes.
8. I try and keep this to a minimum, unlike many others who constantly need quotes, pictures and success stories to keep them going. Basically only a very small percentage of people obtain a commendable level of success, that which goes beyond the norm. Let's just say 1%. If you don't put in the hard yards, you'll be part of the 99%. It's as simple as that.
9. Enough for my dose of TV shows and chatting with mates.

Hope that helps!

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I'm not doing the HSC but my course is very similar (year 12 equivalent).

1. I don't have a set time, it depends on how much work I have planned; some nights 1 hour, other nights 4 hours. Weekends vary too.

2. I make notes for biology and chemistry, that's it. I write them in A5 exercise books (vellum paper and all - I like nice things).

3. Yep, tonnes for maths, every week. For bio and chem I actually write up my own exams.

4. I don't pay attention to when I have breaks tbh. I can get super focussed and lose track of time.

5. I have a study zone set up at home; it has a fan (for hot days), a heater next to my feet, two lamps (LED so I don't get hot), a monitor placed on a raised platform I made for myself that I can plug my netbook into...and lots more.

6. Khan Academy

7. It works for me, it might work for you - give it a try.

8. A desire to get into a high ATAR degree in my interest area keeps me motivated. I do very little procrastination (in comparison to when I was in high school!); I remind myself that it feels way better to get an assignment done a week before rather than the night before...

9. I watch a fav TV show on most nights whilst surfing the net :) But only after I get my work done.

HSC
1) I actually have no idea. I study until I think I'm satisfied with my work for the day, or if I'm lazy I don't study at all.

2) Yes, handwritten.

3) Yes. Usually as much as my school gives me, which is quite a lot for maths.

4) Yep, normally once I start work I don't really want to take a break until I finish that section.

5) Current is fine, just my computer and a desk next to my bookshelf with all my textbooks.

6) Yes, some resources are better at explaining certain parts better than others.

7) I think it's not bad. But I also think that study method efficiency will be different for different people.

8) I spent time to write some goals. Knowing that these goals were deeply thought over helps me working towards them.

9) Depends on the week. Some weeks I'm much freer. I don't study on Friday evenings, and just watch a movie with family/ read a book, etc. I do get a decent amount of sport and music though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)