How do you study for Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Which of these takes up the majority of your time?

• Writing/reviewing summaries

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Answering practice questions

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Reading textbooks

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Reading class notes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Divide time up evenly between these

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Just wondering, what takes up the majority of your time when studying for chemistry.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I don't :p , otherwise I just look at the textbook.

HSC
Well I used to read through just macquarie and write summaries under the dot point headings, and answer questions after ive done all summaries, but It seems I need to use more than 1 book to summarise in order to go well

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
If it wasn't for topic tests I'd never study... I go weeks without studying chem which is really bad but now It's all going to change...

During each holiday i write all my notes and so it take me about 1 or 2 full days... then if i want to study all i do is read my notes, and because they're mine I like to read them and I always understand them

Sometimes I go through the text book as we learn stuff in class, but that would probably only take 10-15 minutes a day (If i have chem the next day)

I would say the thing that would take up most of my time would be going through all past questions and all the exams u have from success and other schools and past HSC...to get as much practice as possible

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Casmira said:
Well I used to read through just macquarie and write summaries under the dot point headings, and answer questions after ive done all summaries, but It seems I need to use more than 1 book to summarise in order to go well
Maquarie is excellent for dot points at most instances but if maquarie doesn't do the job use conquering chemistry and the charles sturt university notes

conquering chem is also excellent for notes but sometimes it's got too much info

so combine them all and u find that each covers the others weakness...

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i go through the textbook and answer every little question they have for me :)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
I mostly just study the syllabus dot points, do a few calculations and equations for the textbook and other sources, discuss with friends what is needed to be learnt
the latter i dont do so much now because other ppl are so stressed about chem so i dont really want to be near them.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
summarise = > read over (textbooks +notes) = > practice questions

Trev

stix
HSC
Print out some guy's dotpoint summaries from bos. Take them into the exam room with me. (If open book). If not, skim through in a panic right before the exam. Either way, I still go bad haha. *shrugs*

azza_3761

HSC
physician said:
Maquarie is excellent for dot points at most instances but if maquarie doesn't do the job use conquering chemistry and the charles sturt university notes

conquering chem is also excellent for notes but sometimes it's got too much info

so combine them all and u find that each covers the others weakness...

Sometimes I go through the text book as we learn stuff in class, but that would probably only take 10-15 minutes a day (If i have chem the next day)
Same here only i takes probably 5 minutes evry week to go over wat we do it class i.e. nothing cos our teacher suks

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
I summarise everything, then I go through the study guide and explicitly answer the subjects that are on it.

I really have to summarise every day I have chem, or at least once a week. So im going to get my act together this term.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
wow i dont know how to study! seriously! i only ever do past exam papers. thats it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)