How do you memorise massive loads of content? (1 Viewer)

jadenmaccas

HSC
Hey Bosers! I'm in Year 10 and in our school we are given the privelege to finish the HSC course for SOR I without doing the Prelim course.

How do you memorise loads of content and present it in an essay? Such as about Pope John XXIII (our first topic)?

fakermaker

HSC
I dont do SOR, but I thought that I could share some input.

How I memorise information for modern history:

Conceptually: Know one event. Know why it happened, and what happened from it. This cause and effect really helps because its such a logical process

Personally: The Night of Broken glass (uprisings against the jews) happened in 1938. (nineteen-dirty hate). The Night of Long Knives (Hitler turns against his friends) happened in 1934 (nineteen-dirty whore)

Word Game: The annexation of South East Asian territory by Japan in their 6 months of rise? Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaya/Singapore, Burma, Dutch East Indies, New Guinea, Australia (People Hate To Make Sandwiches Because Danger Never Alleviates)

Stats: Things like death counts and shit. I find that as long as I'm in the ballpark, and write confidently, no one ever calls me out for making shit up.

Fyi: Australia was bombed by Japan 72 times (probably) but never occupied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)