How do you make notes? Digitally or handwritten? (1 Viewer)

souli

HSC
Starting yr 11 soon, and planning to make some study notes on the holidays. Do you make your notes(typing) on a laptop, etc, or handwrite them onto loose-leaf paper in a display folder or a notebook? Thank you!

HSC
Digitally so I could go back & revise/add on, but at the end of every topic I’d print them out and annotate them when it came to studying for exams/assessment tasks, etc. It really depends on what works for you, though,

MJRey

HSC
Digitally so I could go back & revise/add on, but at the end of every topic I’d print them out and annotate them when it came to studying for exams/assessment tasks, etc. It really depends on what works for you, though,
That is a handy feature of digital note-taking, although from personal experience I handwrote all my notes. This was particularly good for English because all the quotes and concepts sunk into my brain better and I could think deeply about ways to interpret them without the temptation to rely on the internet too much (I was a firm believer in standing out, or trying to).

You're going to have to physically write in your HSC exams anyway, so getting into good habits now and handwriting where you can will help you in the long run (not discounting the benefits of digital notetaking at all).

fuzi

HSC
That is a handy feature of digital note-taking, although from personal experience I handwrote all my notes. This was particularly good for English because all the quotes and concepts sunk into my brain better and I could think deeply about ways to interpret them without the temptation to rely on the internet too much (I was a firm believer in standing out, or trying to).

You're going to have to physically write in your HSC exams anyway, so getting into good habits now and handwriting where you can will help you in the long run (not discounting the benefits of digital notetaking at all).
100% agree, having handwritten all my study notes and everything, I could recall so much more, and also it saves from the temptation of just copying and pasting from any digital resources, so it forces you to read all the stuff and pick apart whats important

HSC

That’s fair. I think that it’s unanimous that even if you do digital or handwritten notes, that past papers and responses are handwritten and shouldn’t be typed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)