how do you guys study for science subjects? (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
well because i will be in year 12 soon (i'm stressing :()
i just want to fix my study habit for my science subjects
i did really well in every subjects except both sciences which are bio and chem
well i do make study notes based on syllabus
and try to cram all the info 2 or 3 week before the exam but i honestly do have slow understanding tho..
but anyway for some people they have really good memory but i seem to forget things easily and my exam mark wasn't that great
however, i like to ask how you guys study for science subjects including how often? and how? etc.
and how do you prepare for exams?
i just like to share some ideas or study tips!

Alkanes

HSC
For the science subjects they are the most easiest to study from all. Everything you need to know are from the syllabus dot points. Make concise notes first, when you read from a textbook then build up your notes from other various sources. Answer some questions based on what you just read from textbooks or past papers. When exam time, i tend to just cram 1-2 days before the test with no past papers at all, just read my notes and memorise what needs to be memorised, in which i feel is a very bad habit. So i suggest you study 2 weeks prior to the exam and don't leave things till the last minute.

Zeroes

HSC
Alkanes, I've been wondering, are you a beast at science?

For calculations, just practice a range of questions and make sure you actually understand them and you're not just blindly applying a formula. Don't neglect content either - that was my main mistake which made me do shit in physics this year. Look at the syllabus and make sure you are very confident with the dot points. The Dot Point exercise books are good for checking you've learned most of what you need to, but the answers are complete shit (or so I thought with the physics one, personally) and it's not very in depth so don't rely solely on it.

Alkanes

HSC
Haha lol idk but i'm very grateful for your wonderful assumption.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
The Physics course requires understanding, application and knowing what HSC markers want in a cogent response.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
Science subjects are tough and all require a different technique. With biology, there is no point in cramming as there is always something you'll forget. You already have the right aproach writing study notes - perhaps write them after every week and read a few weeks worth every weekend and actually try to understand your notes. When you actually understand, you don't need to cram.

With Chemistry, its like Maths, you need to understand a formula or the theory and then practice, practice and practice. Follow the same apprach in writing your study notes for the theory part of these subjects as well as a worked example which can quickly fremind you of how to apply the theory.

Good luck!

Zeroes

HSC
Haha lol idk but i'm very grateful for your wonderful assumption.
Haha I've seen you talk about science quite a few times and from there I just made the assumption from your username. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)