How do you guys stop procrastination (1 Viewer)

=)(=

HSC
Previously I have been able to get in 6-7 hrs of study a day easyish, but now recently i have been struggling to get in 5 in an entire day, every moment now feels so slow has anyone had a similar issue and if so how have you overcome this hurdle

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This is not only a common occurrence for high school students, but also for university students. However, in both cases, it is one that can be addressed. There are a number of possible reasons for this problem, including:
  • Potentially being distracted by something (or things) that you may either not be fully aware of or you consider not to be something significant but is actually affecting your productivity.
  • A particular change that you may have made to your study routine (either intentionally or unintentionally) which could be reducing your productivity and which you could be overlooking.
  • You are currently unable to maintain a high level of motivation that would enable you to be as productive as you normally are, leading you to lose some focus that you would otherwise place on your studies.
Based on this, some ways through which you can combat your procrastination include:
  • Ensuring that you get rid of any distractions as you start studying - Having objects that you would not normally use as part of your studies (such as your phone) can lead to procrastination. If you feel like you can relate to this, you should place any such objects away from where you normally study as you sit down to get some work done.
  • Making sure that you are having regular breaks and that you are allocating an appropriate time limit for your breaks - This is an important one because the aim of having breaks is to refresh your mind so that you can get back to studying and being productive. Therefore, ensuring that you are allocating an appropriate time limit for your breaks (i.e. not too little and not too much) is important because you ideally want to avoid being in a situation where your brain suffers from unnecessary pressure, which may occur in case your breaks are too short, and you also want to keep your brain in its "study mode" and mitigate a "lazy"/"non-study" mode, which may occur in the event that your breaks are too long.
  • Finding a way to regain motivation - I like to refer to this as a psychological push. If you feel like you might have lost motivation to persevere, then you may wish to consider adding an element to your day that would make you feel better and consequently maintain your morale, allowing you to maximise your productivity. This could be some sort of quick and fun activity (which you could do during your breaks) or anything else that makes you happy, meaning that it is dependent on your personal interests.
I hope this helps! :D

sappho22

HSC
<5 hours a day is still a lot. totally fine to be doing that much. honestly, i've been doing 1-3 hours a day these holidays and i think since im studying efficiently thats fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)