How do you go about learning your syllabus? (1 Viewer)

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard this so many times it's not funny "you need to know your syllabus from back to front". Okay so I understand it's essential to know your syllabus, which dot point goes where and of course the content. But how do you learn your syllabus?

Do you memorise your syllabus then learn the content or do you learn it as you learn the content?

^ That might not even make sense. This is the question: How do you learn your syllabus back to front?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Get the syllabus, consider the dot points the questions, then answer those questions, then memorize those answers, done and done.

zxreth

HSC
Get the syllabus, consider the dot points the questions, then answer those questions, then memorize those answers, done and done.
you make it sound so easy, lol.

jamesfirst

HSC
No, it is easy.

The subject that you need to know your syllabus from back to front will be the science subjects

Get a copy of the syllabus and make notes on each syllabus dot points.

umz93

HSC
Isnt it to late to start making dot-points though, especially for those who have trials start of next term?

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Isnt it to late to start making dot-points though, especially for those who have trials start of next term?
Exactly, I suggest u just find some notes on Bos, copy it LOL
and add on more info from other notes, if u want just make it in your own words but ehh, no one really cares.
But the main key is understanding, HSC questions generally test ur understanding, so notes are good if your answering those questions that ask you to 'discuss','assess','analyse' blah blah..

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
No, it is easy.

The subject that you need to know your syllabus from back to front will be the science subjects
For a subject like Business Studies? The syllabus isn't in a table with a dot point for the 'learn to' near each actual dot point. So I don't think the first answer will work too well.

And I agree with @zxreth, iRuler does make it sound so easy.

umz93

HSC
For me personally I find the need to make notes for chemistry but not for physics. Regardless I still read The Students Guide to HSC Chemistry/Physics.
TBH Ahmad Shah Idil's notes are too dense for me but thats just my opinion.

jamesfirst

HSC

No. Unless he skipped the whole semester worth of dot points. But if it is notes that you should be making for term 3, then it isn't too late.

But you would be in a very bad position amongst your cohort.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I've barely started chem notes and I've only done two topics for bio.
Everything else I cbf.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

No - it would be a way to focus your study for those trials and a double check that you have covered everything - or what else your school needs to cover,

HKK

HSC
Print all your syllabuses out, then stick them on your bedroom walls. Advice from my teacher. :)

karatekid031

HSC
have anyone known any good chemistry tutor? please i need help help.. and i reckon it's too late to started making notes. What should i do?

K4M1N3

HSC
just do past papers...
Yes and no. Doing past papers is only good if you have a good knowledge base, if you don't, you face answering questions inadequately and possibly incorrectly. You build a good knowledge base only when you know your syllabus "back to front".

You should be extending upon your knowledge base in the first week of these holidays, and then doing past papers to apply your knowledge in the second week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)