How do you feel about PHYSICAL JOURNEYS? (1 Viewer)

How do you feel about physical journeys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
doesn't the ESL class do all three journeys? that's what my cousin is doing.
I think they are, their course is very different to the standard/advanced english one even though they're also doing journeys.

L

lilsxcwog69

The concept of Physical Journeys is far to broad and mainstream

It also lacks the vital of elements of self - interest and death which need to be present in a text for it to be understood and thoroughly enjoyed by students.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol, to clariffy things abit :) The Area of Study (AOS) is comprised of 3 areas, in which your teacher chooses 1 area. The areas are as follows:

> Physical Journeys
> Inner Journeys
> Imaginative Journeys

In the HSC, the AOS will be your Paper 1 English paper, it is common for all English Standard, English Extension, ESL English & English Advanced.

For further information regarding 2006 + 2007 English Syllabus:
Code:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc_english_poster_0607.pdf
Otherwise head here:
Code:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/syllabus2000_liste.html
and scroll down to the English section for further info.

Unfortunately, you cannot study for any English Advanced areas, owing to the fact that their syllabus changes almost every couple of years, as well as the fact that your teacher will be choosing your prescribed texts. [The least you can do is start collecting related material to the Journey.

In some prescribed AOS, you can link Physical Journey to Inner Journey. Imaginative Journey is perhaps the most complex one, though in some ways if you're able to twitch the examiner into thinking that you actually know what you're talking about, you can score high band 6s. But of course, brag to your teacher to choose physical journeys, it's by far the easiest course in English you'll ever do, alongside Frontline --> Module C.

Originally Posted by hopeles5ly
doesn't the ESL class do all three journeys? that's what my cousin is doing
Actually ESL complies with the same course as you would do in English Advanced/Extension, AOS is the only common area in English. Additionally, there is not one AOS English course which takes in all 3 prescribed area of studies, you only choose one.

Originally posted by lilsxcwog69: The concept of Physical Journeys is far to broad and mainstream

It also lacks the vital of elements of self - interest and death which need to be present in a text for it to be understood and thoroughly enjoyed by students.
Actually the Physical Journey is quite broad, and yes you can talk about death, suicide,etc, Our teacher actually told us at the beginning of the course that we could do so, except hahah, don't make it too sentimental, because if you do, the BOS may believe that you're attempting a sucide and thus causing certain issues. [I'm not joking man haha, this has happened, and the BOS sent officers to that student to assist with his/her issues.

Just in general, let your imagination run free, but don't let it go too far, some advice is to read the sylllabus [yes it's rather long and broad, but trust me, the best essays repeated the syllabus, but in an individual way of understanding].

Good luck to 06 Students!! And don't worry if you're getting Cs in essays even till trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)