• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you deal with bitchy/horrible teachers? (1 Viewer)

jiminymacca

HSC
Ok, first let me get this clear that it's not my teacher, but in the short time I've dealt with her, she has been nothing but incredibly rude to me.

Here's the story-

Last wednesday was MAD (Music, Art, Drama) Night at our school and the year 12s did their performances that are being assessed (though they weren't assessed ON the night, but on a later date). There were 3 performances by the groups. The assessment is being double marked by the only drama teacher (see title) and an art (wah??) teacher (see title again), for all intensive purposes they'll be known as Ms Bi..Drama and Ms Art. So the next lesson after the first performances (friday), Ms Drama was talking to the groups, or rather, talking to one group and telling them about stuff to improve, she also said Ms Art needed to tell them things. Oh, and btw, theres a link to the video here -> http://community.boredofstudies.org...think-performance-video-link.html#post4442631. Ms Art told them that they needed to make it more exciting, for them to move around more in parts (they somewhat agree), how things were out of time (music, though that's entirely the fault of the sound crew), with small little things. She had nothing to say about any of the other groups. So that was friday. One person from that particular group was away, ill with something involving puss and his eyes I don't really want to get into it, but in short, he could do barely anything. The possibility of meeting up on either saturday or sunday was destroyed (not blaming the guy, he had puss coming out of his eye, not his fault). The hope was that he would be there on monday so they could quickly go over it for the actual assessment on tuesday. Monday came along and the guy was still away for that lesson, so they could make no changes without the chance of the guy forgetting a change he had only just learnt and the performance being ruined, so they did it as they did (better in fact) at MAD Night. The majority of the group members were pleased with their performances for the assessment, until the marks came around today. Lets say, group 1, who had nothing said to them about their performance at mad night by either teacher, had Ms Drama going off her nut, saying that their ending was quote 'bullshit', that it was 'crap and predictable', forcing one girl into tears about it, The group got marks of less than 18/30 for that performance, which could have been significantly improved if they had one iota of feedback.

UPDATE- Apparently group 1 had most of their ideas from Ms Drama.

I'm unsure about group 2 (the 2nd one with no feedback). However, group 3, which, imo (and almost all who I talked to who watched the performances on the night), was the best out of the night, the marks were as follows-

20/30
22/30
24/30
26/30

Ok now *I* know that even the 22/30 is a decent mark (though as it goes for drama, will achieve fairly low results in terms of UAI/ATAR whatever due to the subject being dominated in most schools. Though the only comment they recieved on the sheet, the only piece of feedback was that one particular piece, one fairly insignificant piece, could be a little longer (around 3:56 for those who watched the video, the footstomps). They at no point at all justify the mark they gave them, and it's not the first instance this has happened. It's happened quite a bit, a lack of...well...everything on behalf of the teacher (I think it was 4 practice essays they were made to do, with one of them returned, partially marked?). The teacher is constantly blowing her top, she has the shortest fuse and never listens to reason. Maybe not for group 3, but at least for group 1, is there any way to appeal or whatever so that their marks aren't suffering from a teacher who clearly is going through a serious and prolonged (going on a year now) case of PMS and another that doesn't even seem to have any credentials?

This has really upset a lot of the people in the class and I'm just trying to get outside opinions and help.

Thank you for those who have read the whole thing.

Last edited:

cassieagill

HSC
Talk to your year level co-ordinater or principal, last year some of the year 12s complained about teachers and they were sent out for more training, had talking tos ect, most of them improved as their jobs were put into jeopardy

jiminymacca

HSC
Talk to your year level co-ordinater or principal, last year some of the year 12s complained about teachers and they were sent out for more training, had talking tos ect, most of them improved as their jobs were put into jeopardy
I'll look into that thank you.

On another note, its good to know that some people are mature to make comments like these, unforunate that its the people with less rep than they should haev.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think some of the years above us complained to the Head teacher, and we had a new one sent in for our HSC.

In your case however, the best solution I can recommend is an outside tutor, to give you feedback. As long as they do not take directive control, it is perfectly fine to use them (though you must document it). Normally I wouldn't recommend one, but considering the little time you have, it may be the best options. Also, keep filming it and show the videos to friends and family who you know can be constructive, rather than just give you praise. I ran my IP for my parents so many times, but it really helped me to develope it furthur. Keeping looking for new people to assess it. One may have the key you need to push yourself into the next band.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Whenever I had a shit teacher, this is how I made myself feel better.

Teachers are people who never grew up enough to leave school. Think about it - Primary school, High school, University, Teaching... They've literally never left school.

Also generally, teachers are people that are mediocre at whatever they're doing. Science teachers were never good enough at science to do anything in the field, drama teachers are failed actors, etc.

brad616

HSC
Whenever I had a shit teacher, this is how I made myself feel better.

Teachers are people who never grew up enough to leave school. Think about it - Primary school, High school, University, Teaching... They've literally never left school.

Also generally, teachers are people that are mediocre at whatever they're doing. Science teachers were never good enough at science to do anything in the field, drama teachers are failed actors, etc.
This is extremely true..

retromcnugget

HSC
i'm the guy who got 26/30 (the guy in the cloak from the video) in this play and i can tell you she's nothing but a biased mofo.

i do have to agree with katie tully's comment tho.

0hNivlek

HSC
^ This is off topic but i think we're from the same primary school lol.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
She prob has a husband her beats her or some shit, family problems whatever... warm to her, comfort her. Ask her how her morning has been, this is Bacilli's interpretations of emotional responses:

Hi Mz, how's your morning been?
: Response: "What the fk is it to you?"
... Interpretation: just let her be...

: Response: "Did you complete your homework?"
... Interpretation: She doesn't like you due to your face, maybe you stink etc...

: Response: "Ok, thank you..." with a hint of sadness in her voice could indicate problems at home

: Response: "OK, and yours?"

Bingo...

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Oh, and if she doesn't respond to your question at all, she hates her job, you and prob everyone else at the school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)