how do you actually make study notes for a novel like 1984 (1 Viewer)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
^^^
like what do you add as your progress thru the book?
Seperate your word doc into thematic subheadings and make TEE tables for the quotes you find. Other than that, it’s best to study by writing paragraphs themselves so you have some material to work with before writing ur essay.

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
download them using BOS' amazing resources provided in the "Notes & Resources" tab at the top

souli

HSC
Seperate your word doc into thematic subheadings and make TEE tables for the quotes you find. Other than that, it’s best to study by writing paragraphs themselves so you have some material to work with before writing ur essay.
yes but you’re being tested on human experiences and not 1984 so I have no idea what we’re actually meant to do there? All I do is link to a human experience after analysing a quote and dk if that’s correct

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
yes but you’re being tested on human experiences and not 1984 so I have no idea what we’re actually meant to do there? All I do is link to a human experience after analysing a quote and dk if that’s correct
that's what i did for common module - analyse a quote with a technique and quick analysis on the effect of technique and what it shows and another column linking it to a human experience or another rubric term (eg. Emotions, paradoxes, etc)

souli

HSC
that's what i did for common module - analyse a quote with a technique and quick analysis on the effect of technique and what it shows and another column linking it to a human experience or another rubric term (eg. Emotions, paradoxes, etc)
ok if Masaken has done smt similar to what I did I know I’m on the right track😍

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
You never really have 'notes' for English, it's always analysis tables. My columns are as follows:
  1. Quotes (+ Page Number - I like to include it for my own reference)
  2. Technique(s)
  3. Effect
  4. Themes, Attitudes, Values, Motifs, etc.
  5. Link To The Module & Rubric
I have separate documents for context and stuff because my teacher is crazy about that, lol.

souli

HSC
You never really have 'notes' for English, it's always analysis tables. My columns are as follows:
  1. Quotes (+ Page Number - I like to include it for my own reference)
  2. Technique(s)
  3. Effect
  4. Themes, Attitudes, Values, Motifs, etc.
  5. Link To The Module & Rubric
I have separate documents for context and stuff because my teacher is crazy about that, lol.
only thing with this though is that formatting is such a pain, the analysis in the table goes down an entire page 😭 how do you manage?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I'm annotating Wild Grapes atm, just quickly what is this technique: "A girl half-fierce, half-melting"

I've being trying to find the technique for two compound words that start the same but can't find it

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
only thing with this though is that formatting is such a pain, the analysis in the table goes down an entire page 😭 how do you manage?
My analysis tables are on Google Docs so I go into Page Setup and switch it to landscape. After that I choose the option of 'Pageless' so that there aren't all these line breaks. That way it looks nicer and it's easier to manage :D

souli

HSC
My analysis tables are on Google Docs so I go into Page Setup and switch it to landscape. After that I choose the option of 'Pageless' so that there aren't all these line breaks. That way it looks nicer and it's easier to manage :D
OH that's genius I use microsoft word so it's a pain 😭

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm annotating Wild Grapes atm, just quickly what is this technique: "A girl half-fierce, half-melting"

I've being trying to find the technique for two compound words that start the same but can't find it
I am not entirely sure about the technique for two compound words that start the same, although back when I studied this poem, my teacher explained that the technique used in this quote is a contrast, the purpose of which is to highlight the differences in the girl's behaviour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)