how do u a 5min speech? (1 Viewer)

Ketti_Yvs

i have a 5 minute speech to do on the Shipping News on whether the global is better than the local or vice versa. i havent done a 5minute speech before. Any advice on how to keep an audience interested for so long? And also, how points or arguments should be made during it? or do u make a cpl and then expand on those couple thourghout the speech?

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Have a really good beginning and a good ending. For example, a funny quote, or an anecdote, or even a joke. Or a rhetorical question that the class can think about. This mightn't seem obvious to what you're talking about, but then you can expand on it. Analogies are a good technique throughout.

I woudn't say too many points.. have a few major ones then expand on them. Five minutes isn't very long.

phungus

HSC
well u can take a different approach to the speech, as in not the usual stand and read off palm cards...i've heard of ppl pretending to have a conversation with someone thru their mobile phone while at the same time incroporating all the ideas and stuff required in the speech...it would be interesting, but hard to do i guess
Just a thought

kalinda

HSC
and honestly its not that long
in the end your gonna have to be cutting down which helps cause you cut the crap out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)