How do teachers end up teaching at a selective school? (1 Viewer)

Verify

HSC
Is this through a selection process, much like what their students go through, or are they picked through experience?

This question has been bothering me since one of the best teachers in our school left for NSB :(

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure if either experience or skill is considered - it's all based on the transfer system as per any other school.

(I THINK!)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have known of teachers who were sent to selective schools because they couldn't cope in comprehensive schools and the students are self-motivated more there.

I have also known of first-year out teachers who have been sent there as new teachers.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I have known of teachers who were sent to selective schools because they couldn't cope in comprehensive schools and the students are self-motivated more there.

I have also known of first-year out teachers who have been sent there as new teachers.
That'd be such a first year out gig opposed to being sent to like a very derro rank 600+ school.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
That'd be such a first year out gig opposed to being sent to like a very derro rank 600+ school.
Most teachers will tell you that their first few years at low ranked, harder schools made them better teachers and that they're glad they were there.

unLimitieDx

HSC
You also gotta know your stuff back and front cause there'll be students at these selective schools asking the out of the box questions.

Rohanco

HSC
I had an English teacher once who wasn't that great of a teacher, not very strict or motivated, who had apparently taught at James Ruse

HSC
Lots of selective schools poach teachers from other selective schools after one retires or is poached themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)