how do know what i want to do in university? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
what are you interested in, what do you enjoy doing (even if it’s just school subjects). like for me personally I’ve always enjoyed working with numbers, making things in school engineering programs and working with computers so I looked into courses for data science, computer science, engineering etc

JiffyVFX

HSC
I don’t even know tbh, history is nice but I ain’t becoming a historian and also how much should I value pay or enjoyment when doing a job because you know they’re both pretty important

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
the other day my grandad asked me 'so are you doing medicine or law?'
I don’t even know tbh, history is nice but I ain’t becoming a historian and also how much should I value pay or enjoyment when doing a job because you know they’re both pretty important
Law?
🤔

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
What inspires you?
Even if you arent inspired at the moment, maybe by listing previous inspirations you could find a trend in what is a source of excitement.
Don't worry, even if you've changed as a person, this rule can still apply, it just takes a little work to become as excited of a person as the you in the past - IF there is a change in character in respect to this aspect.

TryingMyBest194

HSC
fr bro js want a house deposit atp 😭 but i think you need to find a balance bc nobody wants to work some boring job that makes them wanna ropemaxx every waking hour. like youre literally going to be seeing cowokers more than your own family, so the pay better be worth it

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
It’s hard.
Tbh like when I was looking at uni all the courses that interested me were ones where there’s a set job for the course example: pharmacy, education, nursing, midwifery etc. which I guess made it easier to pick the course, if you wanna be a nurse you do a bachelors of nursing, if you wanna be a pharmacist a bachelor of pharmacy etc

even now I couldn’t imagine doing like a bachelor of commerce or law or whatever have you lol

I guess you have to think what you want career wise and what kind of job you’d be able to do, not hate, and earn a living off.
I don’t recommend the health sector if you want to work 9-5 and make a living wage.
IMO find something that pays well, is slightly interesting and good progression without selling your soul

zaddiaone

HSC
you could also question what can you see yourself doing long term? your hobbies, what intrigues you or what is something you would love to learn or know more about? These sorts of reflections could help set you on the path to figuring out what you wanna do. Just my two cents :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)