how do i study for functions? (the topic for my term 1 exam) (1 Viewer)

C_master

HSC
i learnt the content early and then just did a bunch of past papers (abt 30 each for 3u/4u by the end I think), and did a mistake book for everything I did wrong. the main thing is consistently doing a fair bit throughout the whole year which I kinda failed at since I slacked off a lot in like term 3/4 since I got kinda bored

tbh though it’s not too hard to do well in maths if ur willing to put in the work, like after enough past papers ur sorta guaranteed to do well
How many pages was ur mistake book

carrotsss

HSC
he's lying @synthesisFR tutored him
about the mistake book — maybe keep it in a doc or something because mistakes pile up and then you can categorise
nah imo physical paper is better because u don’t want to have to have your laptop open whenever ur studying, handwriting is just simpler and there’s not really any point categorising since you don’t go back to them, the idea is moreso to force you to acknowledge your mistakes

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
nah imo physical paper is better because u don’t want to have to have your laptop open whenever ur studying, handwriting is just simpler and there’s not really any point categorising since you don’t go back to them, the idea is moreso to force you to acknowledge your mistakes
you dont go back to them? i thought you would go back and try to do the qs again no?

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
i think it would be beneficial to still go back to them; you're still acknowledging them in some way by putting them down/showing how to fix it regardless, no?
i'm too ceebs to bring around a book/whatever so i'm probably going to add it to my spreadsheet
you dont go back to them? i thought you would go back and try to do the qs again no?
this was my thought asw

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Is it concerning if you cant do some of the enrichment qs in 3u y11? i can do a few of them but other qs are just 💀 and i have no clue how to solve them. Would qs that difficult appear in the hsc alot and do you think i should just leave them out if theyre too overboard? (Im also planning to do 4u in y12 so would it be helpful to know how to do all of them?)
Yes

i learnt the content early and then just did a bunch of past papers (abt 30 each for 3u/4u by the end I think), and did a mistake book for everything I did wrong. the main thing is consistently doing a fair bit throughout the whole year which I kinda failed at since I slacked off a lot in like term 3/4 since I got kinda bored

tbh though it’s not too hard to do well in maths if ur willing to put in the work, like after enough past papers ur sorta guaranteed to do well
not hard to do well? :D

WeiWeiMan

HSC
R u trolling with the first one cos thats not whay these ppl said
I couldn't rly do the 3u enrichments (I only ever tried one question) but I can do like some of the 4u enrichments fine so ur bing chilling (maybe)

bruh my year 11 self rlly said "its hard" LMAOOOOOOO looking back its funny asf, easily the EASIEST topic in 3u, even beating inductions
ur wrong
induction is easier than functions

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I couldn't rly do the 3u enrichments (I only ever tried one question) but I can do like some of the 4u enrichments fine so ur bing chilling (maybe)

ur wrong
induction is easier than functions
i havent even touched 4u yet or any y12 content, im talking abt y11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)