how do i structure em/clue essay?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i really need to know how i structure an em n clue essay!!??? like do i keep goin bak sayin how heckerling has transformed Austens idea by each idea or do i do it like austen one paragraph then heckerling one paragraph then austen again or do i do austen then heckerling!?!?!?!?!? HELP!!!

HSC
- Emma and Clueless Essay Scaffold
This is by no means THE PERFECT SCAFFOLD, but just a guide. My suggestion is to write a scaffold before every essay and show it to your teacher.
Introduction
Make a statement about Popular Culture and/or the transformation of texts. Introduce the two texts (in this case, “Emma” by Jane Austen and “Clueless” by Amy Heckerling). Provide some points as to how these two texts are similar or dissimilar. Basically, tell the marker what you will be arguing. Lastly, answer the question!!

Paragraph
An introduction to Emma’s world. You can include quotes from the novel describing Emma as a person, “Had lived nearly twenty one years….”etc. Also you can include quotes about the rigid society and how, ultimately, this society will be dissimilar to the one portrayed in Heckerling’s “Clueless”

Paragraph
An introduction to Cher’s world. Same as above, but all for Cher. You could possibly state that although these two texts differ in some situations and are similar in others, BOTH texts illustrate the same message, that cluelessness (pardon the pun) impedes the journey to great enlightenment.

Paragraph
For the next few paragraphs, you have two options:
Thematically – choose a theme and show how it is similar (or dissimilar) in both texts, providing quotes to support your argument or
Text by text – discuss a theme from one text then create a linking sentence when you begin to write the next paragraph.
This choice is entirely up to you and which is more comfortable and ultimately easier for you to write.

Conclusion
This is the easiest (or so they say): Sum up your argument!

I just got that off the Emma/Clueless FAQ :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
it obviously depends on the question.
but generally speaking a compare and contrast style structure will make for a better essay

HSC
hey yea i just dnt think that structure is sophisticated enough but thanks anyway and born dancer yea i just need one for a generic essay im writing

thanks anyway guys x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)