How do I go about repeating a HSC subject? (1 Viewer)

Kralex

HSC
Say at the end of the year my Accounting results drag me down quite a bit, how would I repeat this course?

Do I just go to a TAFE institution and inquire about it? Does the BoardOS give any information about it?

If I want to do a different subject, say History, will they allow that?

And if I do repeat a subject, could I still attend Uni while repeating?

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
why dont u just take a course in ur desire uni and do extremely well in the first semester, then u can transfer to the desire course in ur desire uni.

Kralex

HSC
why dont u just take a course in ur desire uni and do extremely well in the first semester, then u can transfer to the desire course in ur desire uni.
In case I don't make the cutoff for UWS which is the lowest cutoff for my favoured course (70).

My current marks:

English Adv - 10/15 for only assessment (no ranks given)
General Maths - 82% and 93% ranked 9th for the 82%, should be ranked around 5th now.
Accounting -Terrible. Probably only achieved maximum 55/70 for the first year...
IPT - 75% for first assessment..terrible. Ranked 6 but 4 people got 18.
Economics - First assessment 85%. Did okay, should get 70%+ in the half yearly...

I don't think these marks will get me 70...

Kralex

HSC
you do pathways and repeat. last i knew you have 5 years to complete it. The highest mark stands. You must finish that subject within a year. :)
Don't have to do the prelim if I pick up a different subject?

twistedrebel

HSC
You can go tafe and do a subject there, It takes one year to do prelim and HSC course.And yes you can do other subjects if you want.

Kralex

HSC
Ah crap :( Guess its a better choice to spit out the cash for colleges or TAFE credit transfers I guess.

You can go tafe and do a subject there, It takes one year to do prelim and HSC course.And yes you can do other subjects if you want.

one year as a whole or separate years?

Is it possible to do accelerated in TAFE?

twistedrebel

HSC
one year as a whole.
I'm not sure, but i know someone doing HSC via tafe and they told me they do half their subjects in the first 6 months, and the rest in the later part.
I ve wondered why dont people go TAFE and do 2-3 subjects and boost their ATAR's, instead they pay fork out money for Private colleges.

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Wow Kralex are you joking me mate. You are now having doubts of getting 70? Repeating a course is STUPID, and I bet anything that you will get over 70, I'm sure you'd get over 80 if not 85, so stop being such a pansy and man up, you will get over 70, unless in your mind you keep saying you won't (which you are). It's all psychological. Just picture yourself owning the exam beforehand, stop calculating the results you need and stop being stressed about it because it will just affect your marks for worse. Sick of your depression champ, this is getting out of hand!!!

Kralex

HSC
Mak, I think you're going to have to ignore my threads or you'll suffer a stroke :p

bouncing

HSC
DONT DO PATHWAYS!!!!!
especially if you do worse anyway (my friend does it and like honestly is it worth wasting a year for like a couple of extra marks)

and kralex i do accounting as well?
the scaling isnt that bad so hopefully all of us will get pulled up

i wish we could still pay our way into university :( (lol)

shell.q

HSC
I am doing my engineering and general maths course...I know my friend is repeating her whole year 12 hsc course through a group called oten i have attached the link
TAFE NSW OTEN Online Courses and Distance Education
Hope this helps you. I am doing mine through school and organised it last year, if you do it that way you can drop the subject now, lower the stress level and allows greater time for work and that. I did mine because of health situations, my friend did hers because of her lower mark, i suggest if you can bash it out till the end of the year if you dont get it go through oten and then you can choose what ones you want to repeat

waryap

HSC
Say at the end of the year my Accounting results drag me down quite a bit, how would I repeat this course?

Do I just go to a TAFE institution and inquire about it? Does the BoardOS give any information about it?

If I want to do a different subject, say History, will they allow that?

And if I do repeat a subject, could I still attend Uni while repeating?
don't worry... there's still heaps of time to improve! just give it your all for the next few tests and you can do it. Don't think about repeating yr 12, it's just a waste of time. Just go to uni and try your hardest there, then you MIGHT be able to transfer.
But don't think about alternatives atm, just try your hardest for HSC then get your desired mark. Don't give up now =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)