how do I fix this (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ok

I'm not even really sure what the problem actually is but here is what is happening.

1. Certain sites (windows live mail and Facebook) either don't load, don't display properly or 'time out' constantly

2. Facebook only works at a semi-acceptable level when I don't have Flash Player 10 installed. When I do have it, the site works like shit or doesn't work at all

3. Scanned for viruses etc, it's all good nothing wrong there

4. Clearing cache, history, cookies etc etc does nothing

5. It started happening after I downloaded Firefox but I don't know if that's the cause because I uninstalled it to check and the problem remained when using IE.

6. There's no problem with my internet connection, everything else works just fine it's just those two sites which everyone else seems to be able to use with no problem so it must be something to do with me.

Whut
:confused:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Ok

I'm not even really sure what the problem actually is but here is what is happening.

1. Certain sites (windows live mail and Facebook) either don't load, don't display properly or 'time out' constantly

2. Facebook only works at a semi-acceptable level when I don't have Flash Player 10 installed. When I do have it, the site works like shit or doesn't work at all

3. Scanned for viruses etc, it's all good nothing wrong there

4. Clearing cache, history, cookies etc etc does nothing

5. It started happening after I downloaded Firefox but I don't know if that's the cause because I uninstalled it to check and the problem remained when using IE.

6. There's no problem with my internet connection, everything else works just fine it's just those two sites which everyone else seems to be able to use with no problem so it must be something to do with me.

Whut
:confused:
How much ram is installed on your system?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
did you install 64 bit firefox because flash only works on 32 bit firefox iirc

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
um i don't have firefox at work to check so i'm not completely sure BUT under help>about it might say something about 32 or 64 bit

if you can't tell then i would try this

make sure you have 64 bit windows by pressing windows key + pause and looking at (system type i think)

if it's 64 bit then MAYBE you have 64 bit firefox so uninstall it and download it again making sure you get the 32 bit version

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ok I have 32 bit windows, at least this is what I found when I went into the system info part in control panel ''32 bit operating system'' so yeh

I looked around for firefox but all I could find in About was Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

so idk

looked at task manager and programs and stuff and it didn't say anything about 64 bit anything so I'm assuming it's right

argh just want to check my email/stalk people
wai be so hard for

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
ok I have 32 bit windows, at least this is what I found when I went into the system info part in control panel ''32 bit operating system'' so yeh

I looked around for firefox but all I could find in About was Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

so idk

looked at task manager and programs and stuff and it didn't say anything about 64 bit anything so I'm assuming it's right

argh just want to check my email/stalk people
wai be so hard for
1. What speed is your internet? - Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Since when have you experienced this problem? If not for long, simply perform a system restore to a point before these problems started.

If you internet connection is slow you'll experience lag, difficulty loading etc with websites such as Facebook and Live. However, if you're able to visit Youtube and watch a video your connection is fine for FB and Live. Therefore a simple test would be to visit YT and report back with the amount of time it takes to load the page and any video.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
oh ok yeah you have 32 bit

fresh out of ideas sorry

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
1. What speed is your internet? - Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Since when have you experienced this problem? If not for long, simply perform a system restore to a point before these problems started.

If you internet connection is slow you'll experience lag, difficulty loading etc with websites such as Facebook and Live. However, if you're able to visit Youtube and watch a video your connection is fine for FB and Live. Therefore a simple test would be to visit YT and report back with the amount of time it takes to load the page and any video.
1. According to that thing, 1011ms. Is this bad?

2. It's only been happening for like a week. Might do a system restore if I can't fix it any other way

3. Youtube works fine took like 1 second to load the page and not much more than that to load a video, but the FB and Live are still shit

edit: Vista

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
i know of a few malwares that can cause this (virus scanner isn't designed to catch malware like malwarebytes is... download and install malwarebytes Malwarebytes.org (free version), enter safemode and perform a scan with MWB and your antivirus program.

If the above doesn't fix your issue, system restore will.

You said you uninstalled firefox, complete a registry clean and reinstall once scans are complete (boot to non safe mode when installing.)..

1011mbps is fine but considering you told me that it worked good before, then it has nothing to do with your connection, unless malware has hold of it

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Chrome is good for internet browsing but it occasionally give out the time out pages etc.... maybe u need a new modem because some modem often wore out which slow down your internet speed...

p.s check your firewall too if you know how : )

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well it just randomly began working fine again today. I checked my firewall settings and scanned for malware, viruses etc again and was about to just go stuff it and do a system restore and then it started working by itself. how odd.

thanks for the help guys ;)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
well it just randomly began working fine again today. I checked my firewall settings and scanned for malware, viruses etc again and was about to just go stuff it and do a system restore and then it started working by itself. how odd.

thanks for the help guys ;)

I think it your modem or your ISP try and restart your modem
*cough*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)