How do I bring in RM/s into prescribed txt + BOS txt? (1 Viewer)

celery

HSC
There is this thing called 'text-hopping' and according to my teacher it is a very bad technique if not handled properly.

But then if I talk about my Related Materials, prescribed text, and BOS txt in chunks one after another it seems too...boring.

So my question is...
Should I intergrate related materials throughout the piece of writing (whether it be interviews/essays/speech etc) or just work through it separately?:confused:

animechii

HSC
Hi there,

I think the best idea is to talk about each piece separately. Your teacher is right, it just makes things far too messy and hard to follow if you keep changing texts in one paragraph.

I think the best thing to do would be to have your introductory paragraph and introduce each text so that people know what you're going to be talking about in the rest of your essay, and then go and write about each one by itself. A good idea would be to, say, tie the beginning of each paragraph with the previous one, eg. begin your paragraph with 'another example of *insert thesis here* can be seen in *insert text here*'. It keeps things flowing without making each paragraph completely alienated from everything else.

I hope this makes sense and I hope other people agree. Don't you think that's how it should be set out? If only I could actually write a good essay. It doesn't help to know how to set out your work if it's going to be bad to begin with.

Oh well. I have my midyearly English exam at 8:25 tomorrow morning. I'm screwed.

Love Jess xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)