How do ATAR bonus points work? (1 Viewer)

Hopp

HSC
My cousin who just finished the HSC told me how for certain subjects you will get 1 bonus point for a band 4, 2 for band 5 and 3 for band 6 (of which he got for modern, advanced English and chemistry). This was for Wollongong university, do other universities do this as well? Or what bonus point schemes do some offer? Thanks for any replies.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
My cousin who just finished the HSC told me how for certain subjects you will get 1 bonus point for a band 4, 2 for band 5 and 3 for band 6 (of which he got for modern, advanced English and chemistry). This was for Wollongong university, do other universities do this as well? Or what bonus point schemes do some offer? Thanks for any replies.
Hey Hopp, generally most uni's offer bonus points.

But not for all subjects. Eg UNSW offers upto a maximum of 5 bonus points for Commerce.
Course such as medicine and law don't offer bonus points from what I can recall.

Goodluck for your HSC :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Also may I add that bonus points are offered at some universities for athletes, leadership programs and scholarship ones. The most common one is EAS (Educational Access Scheme), which requires a separate application to UAC.

At UNSW there is EAP (Elite Athletes and Performers) and 3 bonus points for the Academic Achievement Award. These require a separate application.

KitchenSinky

HSC
Pfft Bonus Points... only people who should be going to TAFE need bonus points.

KitchenSinky

HSC
This is terrible. I'd like to see you next year worrying about not getting into your course, and then suddenly someone mentions bonus points and you only just get into your 9th preference.
Which part of my post did you not understand?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Which part of my post did you not understand?

Of course. You can get bonus points on a mystery ATAR. You will be trying to get into TAFE with a 30 ATAR, but I'm sure you will still miss out with the bonus points as conveyed by your ignorance to the meaning of them, as well as your ignorance towards study.

KitchenSinky

HSC
Of course. You can get bonus points on a mystery ATAR. You will be trying to get into TAFE with a 30 ATAR, but I'm sure you will still miss out with the bonus points as conveyed by your ignorance to the meaning of them, as well as your ignorance towards study.
umad? I too like to make inaccurate assumptions about strangers over the internet. Obviously my original post implied that I wouldn't need bonus marks, since "only people who should be going to TAFE need bonus points". :spzz: LOL

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
umad? I too like to make inaccurate assumptions about strangers over the internet. Obviously my original post implied that I wouldn't need bonus marks, since "only people who should be going to TAFE need bonus points". :spzz: LOL
Haha lol. Yes you do very much remind me of that old user. Although without the accent.

But still you are discouraging others and I have never seen one single useful post by you at all here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)