How difficult is to trasnfer to 92 ATAR cut off course? (1 Viewer)

Michaelleroy

HSC
Hello, I'm currently in MQ uni and was wondering what GPA or overall score of the marks I should be getting to transfer in a course that requires an ATAR of 92 if i got an ATAR in the early 70's and doing well in uni so far I'm estimating 70% overall in all my subjects. Also one other question is if I can transfer after 1 semester, or is it 1 year?

Enigma Machine

HSC
Hello, I'm currently in MQ uni and was wondering what GPA or overall score of the marks I should be getting to transfer in a course that requires an ATAR of 92 if i got an ATAR in the early 70's and doing well in uni so far I'm estimating 70% overall in all my subjects. Also one other question is if I can transfer after 1 semester, or is it 1 year?
I think a credit (65+) should be enough.

The following information is for UNSW. I got this information from the admissions team at UNSW.

If you apply to transfer after completing 1 semester of university study, your assessment will be based on raw ATAR.

If you have completed a full year of university study (8 subjects), you will be assessed on whichever is the higher result between your raw ATAR and your first year university results.

If you have completed more than one year of full-time study (more than 8 subjects) and you wish to transfer, you will be assessed on 25% ATAR and 75% university results.

Have a look here:
https://www.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/documents/2015 Application Form_FINAL.pdf
If you have experienced difficulties in either tertiary or secondary study, you are then eligible for special consideration (same as EAS).

ANU also has a similar thing, where you can choose whether you want to be assessed on university study or high school study.
http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/admission/missed_out/admission_special_consideration.pdf

Hope this helps.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You'll want to have good results from Macq as you'll need to be competitive if there are many people who want to transfer. In saying this there is no "magic number" as an average (or WAM) which is required to get in, so I encourage you to try your best and see how you go.

lzlzlz

HSC
Aim for distinction average, strong credit average minimum. A low credit average (~65) will not be competitive to transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)