How did your trial go? (1 Viewer)

Inflatable

haha

Section 1: 40min
Section 2: 1hour +
Section 3: (you know, the important part?) 30minutes.

Each was worth 15marks, i just hope section 1 and 2 will compensate for my horrible essay in section 3... 2 pages of rabble for the win!

Tuesday is
Wilfred Owen
Henry Lawson
Billy Elliot

God have mercy on us all, mainly me; and im not even religious.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i had
section 1:
advertisements
novel extract
garfield :p
comparison of two poems

this section shitted me!!!! it took me about 35 minutes to answer!!!

section 2 we were given a series of options...i went for good ol garfield kekekeke
i wrote about 4.5 pages in the last 20 minutes ( did this last) i took anti's advice :D

section 3: i did 7 pages. something about learning....

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Oink said:
I seem to have that paper on my computer too. It was a 2004 Trial paper. (I don't know what school)
I know my school (Bossley Park High School) did it as their trial last year, but motorcycle diaries wasn't the first stimulus, a leniug cartoon was. Was section 3 something like "A journey is not so much about where you go but what occurs on the way"? Maybe they just used the same stimulus but changed the questions...

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
has anyone done the independent paper? We were ment to do the cssa paper but it got changed for some reason

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
_blank said:
Had it today too....I don't think our school did any of the same papers as what you're describing.

Q1 - pretty easy as expected.
Q2 - Journeys have unexpected outcomes...showed a bunch of stimuli and picked one to write anything. Pretty easy too.
Q3 - I did physical: Debate speech for/against "Every journey has it's own reward".

I'm most worried about my Q3! I ran out of time (even though I started on Q3) and only wrote a little on my stimulus text...arghh....and I went "Against" in that speech...don't even know if my argument was good enough.

In what order do you guys usually do your questions? I do Q3,1,2.
hey fi.... i noe its u... yep we go to the same school CTHS and we did an independent paper that the school bought... the first section was easy... the second one what did u choose... i chose the "my dream was screwed up" stimulus hehehe....
3rd section as said before it was a debate.... i did imaginative journeys...and i forgotten to mention that i was the first speaker of the affirmative team!!! ahhhh... i said something bout the second and 3rd speakers but i forgotten to mention myself... oh well its ova... i did question 1, then 3 then 2 hehehe luckily i was able to finish everything with 5 mins left... hehe

Charlie_88

i think i did the same paper as you karen
i choose the 'it was my dream that screwed up' as well. i wrote some story about goin to a party and my friend being hit by a car along the way. it wasnt too great. i got 11/15. yeh im not good with creative writing on the spot
section 3 with the debate... at least you mentioned other speakers! i didnt even mention ANYONE else. whoops. i hate those stupid scenario questions anyway. why dont they just get us to write a bloody essay? anyway i got it back with a comment saying i need to make an effort to write in the correct format.
i couldve used a lot more time. i think i need to write faster

oh and that paper other ppl seem to be talking about being posted on here before, i think thats the paper we did for our half yearlies :S except we had a luenig cartoon as well rather than motorcycle diaries like someone else mentioned. but it is still strange that its the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)