How did you quit your job? (1 Viewer)

SpoonSamba

HSC
I just stopped turning up and stayed away from all my phones...

eventually a friend took my phone and called them to say i'd quit

haha

how did you quit?

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Handed my manager a resignation letter I wrote on my break on a really shit day.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
hated my job
i wanted to quit
but didn't want to make it seem like i was the bad person

so instead I made them fire me =]
stopped doing stuff around the newsagent
took less shifts
started coming to work late

and voila! i got fired =]

mitch179

HSC
Had taken a few weeks off for some school reasons.
Called me to give me my shifts for the week I was scheduled to return,
I told them my grades were slipping (which was a complete lie)
and quit over the phone.

Told my mum I got fired, which was a big mistake because she did the unexpected thing of going down there and complaining, and then they told her the truth, and then she came back and got real angry at me.

They then called me again the next day to ask for a letter of resignation and my uniform back, which I got my mum to go down there and do :p because I really didn't want to talk to them. I kinda avoided going into that shop again for about a year :p but I go in there all the time now.

My mum was just angry because she knew I needed a job, but I had a new job a month later anyway, so yeah, it's wasn't that bad.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
hated my job
i wanted to quit

took less shifts

and you think that made you seem any better in their eyes?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
hated my job
i wanted to quit

took less shifts

You shouldn't be happy about that, that is extremely stupid and shows how little respect you have for yourself and your fellow workers. This highlights that you ARE a "BAD" person.

Thats just pathetic

Had taken a few weeks off for some school reasons.
Called me to give me my shifts for the week I was scheduled to return,
I told them my grades were slipping (which was a complete lie)
and quit over the phone.

Told my mum I got fired, which was a big mistake because she did the unexpected thing of going down there and complaining, and then they told her the truth, and then she came back and got real angry at me.

They then called me again the next day to ask for a letter of resignation and my uniform back, which I got my mum to go down there and do :p because I really didn't want to talk to them. I kinda avoided going into that shop again for about a year :p but I go in there all the time now.
Grow some fucking balls.

Geez, Its not that hard to hand in a resignation letter.

Both you idiots now can't use those employers as a reference, great job.

Last edited:

SpoonSamba

HSC
Hey to those of you who have had to hand your uniform back, did you pay for the uniform in the first place?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Told them I couldn't handle studying and working and then I got a big lecture about God and the real world.

Real reason I quit was because they were nuts and I didn't want HIV

gella

HSC
i told my boss that at first i just wanted some time off because i had exams coming up
and my last shift for a couple of weeks was meant to be on a thursday.
on the tuesday, i realised i had to go to canberra on thursday, so i rang my boss telling her i couldnt do thursday but could probably make up by doing a friday shift
she fired me on the phone there and then :( haha

monesh

HSC
i told my boss that at first i just wanted some time off because i had exams coming up
and my last shift for a couple of weeks was meant to be on a thursday.
on the tuesday, i realised i had to go to canberra on thursday, so i rang my boss telling her i couldnt do thursday but could probably make up by doing a friday shift
she fired me on the phone there and then :( haha
lmfao....badluck.

mitch179

HSC
Hey to those of you who have had to hand your uniform back, did you pay for the uniform in the first place?
Nah, they gave me the first one free. If I wanted to buy any extra, I had to pay for them. If you bought extra, you were able to keep them, but you had to give back one to count for the first free one they gave you.

LordPc

HSC
I dont see how you are going to get HIV. (Im assuming here that you are not infact the dentist, even so the risk would be close to nothing)

You shouldn't be happy about that, that is extremely stupid and shows how little respect you have for yourself and your fellow workers. This highlights that you ARE a "BAD" person.

Thats just pathetic

Grow some fucking balls.

Geez, Its not that hard to hand in a resignation letter.

Both you idiots now can't use those employers as a reference, great job.
agreed.

you have burnt a bridge and you havent even done it well. if you hate your job and want to get fired, then at least do it well. take some stuff, invite friends to the store and give them super discounts, play games with the customers for example if do NOT work at macdonalds, ask every customoer "would you like fries with that?" then when they look confused point over thier shoulder and ask "is that a gopher?". go crazy and have fun, its the least you could do, especially if you arent going to use them as a reference

Aplus

HSC
N/A
hated my job
i wanted to quit

took less shifts

Your plan to get fired just has the reverse effect. Why would you do that?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I dont see how you are going to get HIV. (Im assuming here that you are not infact the dentist, even so the risk would be close to nothing)
You're such a fucking nong. The risk would be next to nothing if you had a Dentist who followed infection control procedures. And I was the Dental Nurse, so my hands and shit were just as close to the fuckers mouths as the dentists.

For starters, we had quite a few HIV/Hep C patients. The dentist would take phone calls in the middle of exos, or fillings with blood all over his gloves, and then he'd transfer the blood to the phone. And then the receptionist would take the phone without wiping it and put it back.

The syringe bins were never emptied. There is a line on the box that says don't fill above here, but he was a cheap cunt so we had to use the box until it was literally overflowing. Needle stick injury, I didn't get one from it but the other girl did.

Taking the needle off the anaesthetic syringe. The anaesthetic syringe was archaic and rusty, so when you tried to take the needle off it, you'd be pulling it so much the cap would come off and you'd jab yourself. I had a needle stick injury from taking the needle off the syringe. What is supposed to happen is that the yellow sharps bins have a little device that takes the syringes off for you, but fucked if I know how old the anaesthetic syringes were, because they didnt fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)