How did you go in BOS performance??? (1 Viewer)

timtam

We have just finished our Gp performance and it was the best we've ever performed it,but they stopped us. Will we lose marks?? IP is tommorrow!!!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
We actually had the head of Drama in NSW mark our individuals. She was really nice. I'm so getting into OnStage.

As for stopping your GP, that's likely because it went hugely overtime. You'll lose marks for not rehearsing properly.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
no you won't lose marks ... they will only mark what they saw ... For example if your entire performance was average and your ending was completely awesome and summed up the piece you are going to be severely disadvantaged because they stopped you not allowing you to finish. There is no such thing as losing marks you just don't get the marks that you would be awarded if you had of done the correct thing .... The markers mark exactly to the marking guidelines and if there was a section which applied to the time limit you will not recieve full marks in that area because you went over time.

Does that summ it all up?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Gavrillo said:
We actually had the head of Drama in NSW mark our individuals. She was really nice. I'm so getting into OnStage.

As for stopping your GP, that's likely because it went hugely overtime. You'll lose marks for not rehearsing properly.
That is a very strong statement ... Good Luck ... I hope to see your name in the program next year now that you have made that assumption.

No sorry I am being mean. I am glad you have that confidence regarding your IP. Don't set your entire HSC drama course around OnStage remember that it is a very tough selection process and only a very small amount of students get selected each year. They do not often choose students that are amazing actors but moreso students who use a prop well, or had an interesting character and most importantly had a piece which which was suitible for the audience specified.....

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
tamara c 87 said:
We have just finished our Gp performance and it was the best we've ever performed it,but they stopped us. Will we lose marks?? IP is tommorrow!!!
aw, bad luck with the overtime thing, but you wont lose marks, i think you're only penalised for being undertime. heres hoping that what you did get to do was brilliant though :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
im sorry to be the one to say this, but im afraid you will lose marks for being overtime. even if you had a very good performance you cannot be marked for a complete piece if it doesnt have a conclusion. you may still get good marks, but i doubt you will be able to get A range marks.

best of luck in IP. imho it is a lot more fun and thrilling because it is a test of strength and character to perform your best on your own. no matter how it goes, you have worked on this for a long time, so be proud. and throw everything youve got into the performance! it is the last time youll do it, so make it fabulous.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
we did our group the best we've ever done it, it was awesome!
none of us forgot lines or cracked up laughing or anything and... it was just awesome!

Skitzo

HSC
GP = Suicide contemplation .... but yeah wasn't to detrimental to my state as a 'living' person as it went well, a few mishaps but it still went well, regardless of the fact that many members majorly rortered their parts.

roxie_b

HSC
yeh, its true about onstage, the markers were speaking to my teacher and they said that over 300 people are nominated for onstage each year, but out of those 300 only about 20 or whatever actually get in. from the initial nominations, the politics of onstage begins cos there are a certain amount of students from public schools, private schools, newtown performing arts, boys, girls etc that have to be in... as for the hsc performances, i had mine yesterday and they both went soooooo good! both the gp and ip felt really good which is a fairly accurate indication to me as to what kind of mark i will get, they both felt the best that ive ever performed them...i guess all that nervous energy was turned into something productive! im so lethargic today, though, all the adrenalin from yesterday has left me so tired! no partying for me this weekend....good luck to those few who still have to perform!!!

kristy_lee26

HSC
Does anyone else feel like they are more nervous now Ip and GP are over. My friend and i were so nervous but we feel worse now its over cos we keep questioning what we did, we just want the markers to tell us , yes you did great and teel us our mark. Our teacher said we both did really good and the best we've done it, but we wish the markers could say that. We were the last group to be marked and the senior marker was there, our teacher said the other markers probably don't want to say much cos she's so high up... and the other markers were the nice one's.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
kristy_lee26 said:
Does anyone else feel like they are more nervous now Ip and GP are over. My friend and i were so nervous but we feel worse now its over cos we keep questioning what we did, we just want the markers to tell us , yes you did great and teel us our mark. Our teacher said we both did really good and the best we've done it, but we wish the markers could say that. We were the last group to be marked and the senior marker was there, our teacher said the other markers probably don't want to say much cos she's so high up... and the other markers were the nice one's.
Well I'm no longer nervous about the performance, but I'm damn well neurotic about it. I got no idea how the markers recieved it or anyhthing. I'm trying to move on I guess and concentrate on the HSC exams but I still worry about it.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
kristy_lee26 said:
not more nervous... its just waiting now... but we dont have to do it again... probably... lol

sampognetta

HSC
onstage

wow, im so pleased, i got into onstage for my i.p. i really wasnt expecting it but both my mate and i got nominated, as did my cousin for his group and a lady friend from st clares. im suprised i know so many people in it this year. smiles all round.

only_if

tamara c 87 said:
don't worry hunny. They won't mark you down dramatically (if not at all) if they stopped you. they stopped you to indicate that they stop marking after the set time because its unfair to the rest of the groups. so don't streSS you'll be fine.

As for the other person who was like "im going to get into onstage" yo shouldn't be so cocky! humility !!
I did get nominated for onstage though. and had to perform my piece again. to tell you the truth i dnt want to get in because i'll have to do all the hard work over again!

only_if

sampognetta said:
wow, im so pleased, i got into onstage for my i.p. i really wasnt expecting it but both my mate and i got nominated, as did my cousin for his group and a lady friend from st clares. im suprised i know so many people in it this year. smiles all round.
have onstage ppl been already decided or just nominated? congrats if your in!

C

Crazy Pomo

tamara c 87 said:
You most definately will. Like alleycat said. The third criteria for marking is dramatic elements and theatricality or something. Our teacher said, and I trust them because they talk to markers every year, that if you go under or over the specified time limit, you can't get more than a 6 (out of ten) for the third section, which I think is fair. Its like anything with a limit, the idea is to stick to it. But still, you can still go very well overall.

Claire Nichols

HSC
Australian Contemporary theatre

Is any one doing Ruby Moon or Seven stages and have any example essays that have done well that they want to post so that I can have a look?

Cheers

Claire

C

Crazy Pomo

Claire Nichols said:
Is any one doing Ruby Moon or Seven stages and have any example essays that have done well that they want to post so that I can have a look?

Cheers

Claire
Well, I'm guessing your an 06er cause Ruby Moon is only on the syllabus for you and not for us, it's replacing Gary's House (thank god - worst play). Check out the Resources page of Bored and the drama section later on in the year when some people might have done some work on the plays, but there are some 7 Stages resources there. As for essays, I can say with confidence that there would be about 0 essays covering those 2 texts at this point in time. But stick around, I know I'll be posting all my best stuff up, some of which included 7 stages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)