How did ur early entry meeting go (1 Viewer)

harryc

HSC
Yeah, this wait is really starting to kill me. I went for something in Arts as well, except my interview was on Thursday. I really am not expecting to find out until Friday - Thursday at the earliest, seeing as though there were probably a massive amount of people who went for Arts.

Von-Dyke

HSC
I just got my letter today, i got guaranteed into B. Med/Radiation Physics

Im so effin happy

hrtyoung

HSC
sarah, the admin staff are really nice. there is NOTHING to be worried about!

just make sure you ring the right faculty, probably the only mistake you could make.

on another note, it was kind of funny that on my letter they offered me a major that I didnt apply for (networking) although it didnt matter as I got my first preference (software engineering)...

Nightsarah

HSC
Yeah I called just now. They didn't even put me through to my faculty. It seems like they were a bit annoyed with me asking...because I already knew the process. THey simply told me that I will be notified before the HSC by email and then by a hardcopy.
Ugh.
I knew that!
Now hurry up!! :( They have no idea how painful this is, do they?

davehax

HSC
hey dave, if you have an problems just ring them and ask to get it sent to you... I rang them and within like 5 minutes they sent me an email today.

Comp Science - GUARANTEED!

major relief!

They are also putting hte hard copy out in the mail today they said...
haha congratulations, that's heaps good :spin:

Maybe i'll see you down there, i also applied for computer science (#1 preference)

I rang them and asked about what was going on with my application and all that and they said they needed one more person to sign off on whatever i'm getting before they mail it on wednesday, so i probably won't be getting it until thursday (can't wait)

I didn't ask what i got over the phone (have no idea why i didn't)

bellaprincipesa

HSC
Hey guys, I did my early entry interview about 2weeks ago now.
I was one of the first ones on the first day for B.Earth and Environmental Science and B.marine science.

I STILL haven't got a letter or email. It's really throwing off my study cos im just so eager to find out what the results were!

Maybe they forgot? im too scared to ring.
My exam marks werent all that great but my ranks were except maths. Terrible at maths 2U. Do you think ill be offered conditional entry for being so low in maths? cos all my other subjects in within the top 5 in ranking.

I had a dream last night i got offered early entry. Yup its getting to me!

Nightsarah

HSC
Yeah as we're all suffering...don't get worried you haven't heard back yet.
But I know what you mean...there are so many things throwing me off my studies at the moment...it's really bad.

All my rankings were in the top 5 too. My half yearly marks were great (high band 5's and 6's) but my trial marks were crap (band 4's and low 5's), yet ranks maintained so I dunno. They seemed really impressed with my CV thingy...I had a couple of academic awards which they noticed. And all my high marked subjects apply to the arts....but for some reason I don't think I'll get garunteed. Thanks to my trial marks...I'm sure there are better people out there.
Anyway..just ranting. Hrm.

How were the peoples who got garunteed entry marks? Outstanding?

Argh. I WANT TO KNOW. This is so irritating! I'm not at the dreaming stage yet thankfully haha.

harryc

HSC
See, they didn't even look at the CV thingo I spent hours putting together. I mean, everything in it was already in my online application, but I figured that they'd want to have a quick look over it, to at least make sure I wasn't making stuff up to try and sound better. I just don't know why they didn't even want me to leave it behind. I mean, they told me that "they were going strictly on marks this year" but yeah, I don't know.

Yeah, this wait is really distracting me from study. I'm just so nervous about it, I can't hack not knowing, either way. And I know if I don't get an offer, it'll motivate me to study all the more.

harry4

HSC
i heard back a few days ago. guaranteed entry into bachelor of mathematics advanced but i still haven't heard back for bachelor of science advanced

Nightsarah

HSC
Nop! Nothing! :(
Have you?
I seriously can't concentrate at all.
Knowing my luck I won't find out till Tuesday.

Nightsarah

HSC
See, they didn't even look at the CV thingo I spent hours putting together. I mean, everything in it was already in my online application, but I figured that they'd want to have a quick look over it, to at least make sure I wasn't making stuff up to try and sound better. I just don't know why they didn't even want me to leave it behind. I mean, they told me that "they were going strictly on marks this year" but yeah, I don't know.

Yeah, this wait is really distracting me from study. I'm just so nervous about it, I can't hack not knowing, either way. And I know if I don't get an offer, it'll motivate me to study all the more.
That's really strange. And would be very annoying.
The purpose of Early Admissions should be to allow yourself to be presented as a person rather than numbers. Sometimes the individual can have the potential to far exceed those with higher marks simply because they're not build for the crappy BOS system.
Mine was the total opposite....all the talked about was my CV.
And they had a copy printed out...thank god cause I didn't bring anything with me lol.
What'd you apply for? I know what you mean...if I don't get in I'll study much harder.

harryc

HSC
Yeah, the paranoid side of me is saying they'd already decided not to give me an offer and thats why they didn't take a look through it, but the rational side knows that I'd included everything in my application.

All i know is that I really can't focus on studying with this hanging over my head. I just wanna know!

bellaprincipesa

HSC
hey they didnt look at my CV at all and i was pissed too getting it all prepared.
and i heard from early interview today! i got my letter. YAAAAY guranteed into B.Science Adv. yaaaay

stunner

HSC
got guaranteed into Arts :)

Has anyone heard from Law yet?

What do you think my chances are??

Trial results;

Mathematics- 89%- 1st/40
English Adv- 79%-16th/38
Legal studies- 82%- 2nd/17
Economics- 87%- 2nd/12
Ancient history- 74%- 5th/30

xandersnape

HSC
Did anyone else have to do their interviews by phone? I did last thursday and the man I spoke to was really positive about my application. Thing is, we only spoke for a few minutes and he kept asking me if I had any questions to ask him... Should I be worried that I havent heard back yet? It was for Arts...

rhys.edwards

HSC
I just heard from arts, i got guarenteed entry into BCM journalism and digital media. I got an email, so did a few people from my school so check there for offers!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Just to offer some support for people still waiting for Arts confirmation- even if you don't get an offer right now, looking at the marks that some people have posted, you will be absolutely fine to get in the normal way.

Good luck!

Early entry is an interesting beast.

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Interview was awesome. Went for 30 minutes which was fun.
The head of engineering was awesome, except going to Nuclear science and technology science degree. Got guaranteed entry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)