How did I get in when my ATAR was so low (1 Viewer)

Samraz

HSC
I had an ATAR of 67.90. The course I applied to: Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Business and Commerce at UWS : had a 90+ ATAR.

Even with bonus points (the maximum you can get is 10 or 15 I think, even if you are eligible for all the schemes) my ATAR could not meet the cut off. I got this offer in the June Round 2 offers.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I was offered 23 bonus points from acu and 18 from uws. I don't think there is a cap on bonus points.

But I did apply for every disadvantage I and the careers advisor could think of and I got into unsw also with some scholarship money

Edit: I am not surprised. A classmate got into arts/law at acu with ~55something

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
However this may be in part because our school is catholic and has very close ties with acu and uws

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I had an ATAR of 67.90. The course I applied to: Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Business and Commerce at UWS : had a 90+ ATAR.

Even with bonus points (the maximum you can get is 10 or 15 I think, even if you are eligible for all the schemes) my ATAR could not meet the cut off. I got this offer in the June Round 2 offers.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, we're all for opportunities.
Lol. Yes I agree. But then again; I have this friend (wel I don't really like him, just someone I know) who is doing science at uws but he has absolutely no hope in his degree (or life for that matter) as in he puts literally zero effort in his studies. But yeah fair go mate - even for the people who don't necessarily deserve it

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A

A girl from my school with a lower ATAR got into uws law (UWS ATAR requirements are extremely inflated). As someone above said, I think you should embrace this great opportunity. If uws law isn't doing it for you, get a really high WAM and transfer to better law schools.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
A girl from my school with a lower ATAR got into uws law (UWS ATAR requirements are extremely inflated). As someone above said, I think you should embrace this great opportunity. If uws law isn't doing it for you, get a really high WAM and transfer to better law schools.
This.

In fact; pretty much all cutoffs are inflated

ayad8

HSC
LOL what were you doing before you received round 2 offers in June ?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
This.

In fact; pretty much all cutoffs are inflated
Yep.

People can get into law at UNSW with 95+

You can also get into engo at UNSW with 81+.

Only med isn't inflated. UMAT is the real deal.

EDIT:

Note that I'm just referring to bonus points though. The actual cut-off is the actual cut-off for Law including any bonus points.

However for eng, there is the whole FEAS process.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My lab partner got in with 80.6 (civil)
I have no idea how. FEAS was advertised and explained as 81.00+

Plus its not guaranteed actually. Its only there if not enough people pick it.

So that means that a little number of people picked civil this time round.

Strange but interesting. Civil was always increasing in cut-off because too many people would pick it.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I have no idea how. FEAS was advertised and explained as 81.00+

Plus its not guaranteed actually. Its only there if not enough people pick it.

So that means that a little number of people picked civil this time round.

Strange but interesting. Civil was always increasing in cut-off because too many people would pick it.
Yeah I thought that too. Wouldn't be enough jobs in the end for civil engineers.

But he said he didn't get it main round he got it in a later round. But doesn't matter, he's happy

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I thought that too. Wouldn't be enough jobs in the end for civil engineers.

But he said he didn't get it main round he got it in a later round. But doesn't matter, he's happy
Yeah true.

Still have no idea.

Maybe UNSW rounds up to the nearest 100 :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)