How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

Yaya93

HSC
I thought multiple choice was pretty damn hard. And I put 19 as OLAP but i wasn't really sure. Overall I thought the exam was easy. I only had trouble with Q24 and multimedia. In saying that, multimedia is my weak point.

Someguy77

HSC
N/A
It would be a lot easier to check your answers if someone just posted up the questions.

soldanid

HSC
i actually found it quite okay. if you did dss as one of your option topics, anyone else agree the part about GIS was absolutely the shittest part of the paper?
This is what i thought when i first glanced past it during reading time but if you just broke down the questions you would find that it is actually quite simple, especially the 5 mark question asking us to compare the GIS website to alternative methods of finding this information. Simply because the GIS includes all the information (cinema times, transport etc) in the one website and allows the ability to print maps containing the information, email it to friends and share on facebook as opposed to individually searching the cinema website, then the transport website, then the map on google maps. Then just throw in some technical bullshit words like data mining thats a simple 5 marks.

Question 23 was the difficult one (cloud computing)

addoil

HSC
I put 2 for E and 8 for F
I put 1 for E (because it's only 1 digit according to the example given) and 10 for F (because the 2 forward slashes also count in the field size)

friend177

HSC
I put 1 for E (because it's only 1 digit according to the example given) and 10 for F (because the 2 forward slashes also count in the field size)
Put 2 for e 10 for f and somehow 6 for D WTF :/ anyways no different get 3/6 or 5/6 you still get 1 mark for that question. Hopefully scaling Wont screw us up

Skriker

HSC
WOOT WOOT Did exactly the same.........
How did you guys do the storyboard question???

willstylz

HSC
BUMP. Did people do design storyboards or did they do hierarchical (I did both, but im sure they were only asking for linear,nonlinear etc...) multi was a bitc...... GIS was easy guys lol, but I agree half of the syllabus wasnt even in the test.. like for those doing multimedia, nothing on lossless/lossy, nothing on lcd VS plasma VS projectors, bit map vs vectors...

Proteus

HSC
BUMP. Did people do design storyboards or did they do hierarchical (I did both, but im sure they were only asking for linear,nonlinear etc...) multi was a bitc...... GIS was easy guys lol, but I agree half of the syllabus wasnt even in the test.. like for those doing multimedia, nothing on lossless/lossy, nothing on lcd VS plasma VS projectors, bit map vs vectors...

hierarchical (i.e. http://hsc.csu.edu.au/ipt/project_work/3287/storyboard03.jpg)

jacksongross

HSC
the GIS part sucked because we didnt even learn it in class:/ but i remember skimming the textbook earlier and i wrote most of the things mentioned above so i think i went okay:)

Curkz

HSC
Anyone understand wtf question 23 Part B was asking , I looked and was felt like the biggest ds_. Was a bit annoying study all that bullshit on networks and graphics/video crap for multimedia and then having basically none of it mentioned.. random.

Should be high 70's or low 80's I think for me :S. Fingers crossed thought it was going to be much worse with error checking shit and spreadsheet design..

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

Chris Hill

HSC
Anyway, what did you guys write for the Social and Ethical issues involved with the Licence plate cameras? I got a little stuck on that one..
i think i recall discussing about data inaccuracy and issues with cross-linking inaccurate data which could cause major shit. i can barely remember tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)