How Did Everyone Go? (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
that was probably the first creative writing in exam conditions that i actually enjoyed. the whole night i was just brain storming ideas and came up with having a hiker descending an unnamed mountain. In the paper "use one of the following as a stimulus: blah blah....such and such.....a journey to the last great undiscovered destination of the world."

WAH OMG PERFECT!

*a sudden explosion of ideas and adjectives sprang happily from the depth of the young writers mind as he raced through the section, revealing the inner workings of the mind as once virgin areas of the brain lit up and shone a light so bright that the words themselves seemed to speak in a tone audible and clear to all who gazed upon them.

yeah, i did alright in the other sections. could have added another paragraph or two for the 6 mark question, but i answered it enough and thought id come back to it later, i had enough time to reread what the question was after finishing the exam when i was told to drop my pen. 4 pages for section 3...and a paragraph. my final one-paragraph-conclusion-for-an-entire-booklet wasnt too great and i think i repeated same sentence twice with different words. kind of like "yeah this is a really good idea....ummm.....its so good heres the same idea written twice!"

well i think that was an excellent start to my trials, and what made it all the more sweeter was that the guy behind me (1st place) screwed up his section 2....YAY! slightly less competition!

2006hsc

HSC
i know how happy you feel, because i used the picture "another country" which perfectly suited my creative writing of a refugee

Lori.

HSC
I wrote something incredibly cheesy for my creative writing task, it was about some person who travelled through the Sahara desert...silly silly. But it was very descriptive and I used all sorts of techniques that my teacher would be proud of.

Hardly used any of my quotes for the extended response, cause none of them were relevant and I spent too much time on the first section.

But i think i did pretty well all in all :)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
bleh one of my advanced friends is saying 1.5 pages is too little.... it was probably the best quality ive written in an exam though, but now that i think of it, i didnt really write all that much.

i just finished the exam in time so i dont think it would have been physically possible for me to write anymore.

how many pages should i have been aiming for in the creative writing?

Lori.

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
bleh one of my advanced friends is saying 1.5 pages is too little.... it was probably the best quality ive written in an exam though, but now that i think of it, i didnt really write all that much.

i just finished the exam in time so i dont think it would have been physically possible for me to write anymore.

how many pages should i have been aiming for in the creative writing?
I only wrote two pages for the creative writing. I think that's pretty good for something i had to make up on the spot without being able to prepare for it

danni a

HSC
hmm...yeh i know i normally write about 1.5 pages but i got 3 pages done because my topic was easy for me to write about....but ill probably do crap at the creative section anyways

Vicsta

HSC
yeah did alright, wrote 1.5 books for my last essay, dident finish though, creative writing was alright interlinked all pics and verb in one wrote about one person finding his true relationship through all the pics and verb, lol dident finish that one either:haha: , worried bout modules but ay, im screwed cant rememba nofin bout em haha lol. ciao

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
... I really hated question 1. I really did.

The rest were straight forward and predictable enough.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
I think I did question 1 okay..
question 2 turned out pretty good..

but how odd, my watch's battery died half way through the test, lost track of time and had to write the last response in 30 minutes...

but i wrote around 4 pages for each section... or was it 3 pages for question 1... bah
I usually write heaps more, but I tried to be neat and have the essays structured and make perfect sense lol

graciebo0

HSC
blarg..
i didnt get to finish..
and everything that i tried to remember i forgot once i looked at how mcuh time i had left! lol

Nazalodeon

HSC
Lol..KILL ME NOW!
I found Section 1 relatively easy. But seriously, i was stumped for section 2 and 3...i was totally brain dead. In the end, i got them done, however my section 2 was about 2 and a half pages since and i did a series of diary entries and my section 3 was just "BLAH".
=D

easy target

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
that was probably the first creative writing in exam conditions that i actually enjoyed. the whole night i was just brain storming ideas and came up with having a hiker descending an unnamed mountain. In the paper "use one of the following as a stimulus: blah blah....such and such.....a journey to the last great undiscovered destination of the world."

WAH OMG PERFECT!

*a sudden explosion of ideas and adjectives sprang happily from the depth of the young writers mind as he raced through the section, revealing the inner workings of the mind as once virgin areas of the brain lit up and shone a light so bright that the words themselves seemed to speak in a tone audible and clear to all who gazed upon them.

yeah, i did alright in the other sections. could have added another paragraph or two for the 6 mark question, but i answered it enough and thought id come back to it later, i had enough time to reread what the question was after finishing the exam when i was told to drop my pen. 4 pages for section 3...and a paragraph. my final one-paragraph-conclusion-for-an-entire-booklet wasnt too great and i think i repeated same sentence twice with different words. kind of like "yeah this is a really good idea....ummm.....its so good heres the same idea written twice!"

well i think that was an excellent start to my trials, and what made it all the more sweeter was that the guy behind me (1st place) screwed up his section 2....YAY! slightly less competition!
Yeh i also used a journey to great undiscovered destination and it fit in perfectly. I didn't mind the exam, I was pretty happy with what I did. I think Modules will be hard though.

knighty

HSC
Oh my goodness!! I went totally bogus and screwed up section 2 so bad!! I always go really really badly in the creative writing section!! does anyone have any ideas that could help me?? please email them to me @ catherine.jane@yahoo.com.au. i would appreciate it sooooo much! i can't believe that i wrote only one page and that one page consisted soley of bull****! HELP!! LOL.

Are catholic papers really harder than mainstream?? I really hope so!! XxX

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I personally found it fairly straight forward. The texts in section 1 were not hard, my adapted story worked quite well with the stimulus in section 2, and I miraculously nailed the last essay and [think I] answered the question quite well.

HSC
I completely stuffed it. Did the first two questions of section 1 then skipped to the essay(my usual exam style)...however the question totally through me off.
it was something like "how does the concept of choice influence the journey"...and I had no clue what to write! my set texts (coleridge) are not about choice, the Ivory trail was no help and my own text was a cartoon that didnt relate to choice either. I ended up writing my essay without a proper intro, my beautiful, memorised essay was crapped up because I was so upset by how badly i was doing and that meant that section 1 was done average when its usually my best, and section 2 was crap, two long paragraphs of introduction basically and then I ran out of time. First time I've ever felt tempted to just walk out of an exam but i didnt want to make a spectacle of myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)