how da hell do ya study for IT (1 Viewer)

Lizzie

u cant... we have NO resources and NO proper syllabus 2 follow! But dont despair, an Excel (or Heinmann) text book is coming out in September 2003!

del

HSC
N/A
lol there is a syllabus. But you know need to know the hsc competencies

And their are a couple of books out that relate.

one of them is called communicating in an IT environment and theres another one which is blue in colour. There published by Eastern House (if I remember right).

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Lizzie
an Excel (or Heinmann) text book is coming out in September 2003!
oh great what strange timing phettt

anyways =) i jzu study the notes i got from skool i got tons ...

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i dunno, but we got heaps of booklets of all teh topics, i think they were a copy of what we use in tafe. We didnt do ne of the excercises, but mainly we highlighted the important bits n wrote it down. Its good that u write it down cause teh booklets r really thick!

^___^
HSC
if ur a computer-type person, u may have an advantage coz u probably know some of the stuff in the exam...

but things like Enterprise Skills might need revision

Chookus

HSC
i dont how i am going to study for it as we have a new teacher this year and the one before we learnt nothing do now we are behind?????? HELP need ideas on how to study for it??

Chookus

HSC
thanks for the tip but i still dont know i am going tostudy for IT i have so many sheets and written up infomation ?????? how am i meant to study when there is heaps....

^___^
HSC
but i varies, different school probably achieve difference competencies....like my school does Microsoft Office where it includes Word, excel, access...integriting computing packages, connecting hardware and a bit else...

but some other school are doing things like dream -reavers and other stuff...
anyone get wat i mean?

del

HSC
N/A
read this http://www.smh.com.au/specials/hsc2002/inftech/1031608242860.html

it might be useful in what you may wish to study.

... I know what you mean. My former teacher (the one who wrote the above article) mentioned that they can't ask you anything which is application specific as such - e.g. a question on Microsoft Word for the fact that other people may use other apps.

If anything, they would ask you a question on the type of application in general - e.g. word processor, spreadsheet package/software, graphics application.

When answering exam questions its also best to refer to them as such as it shows that you know there is a variety of different word processors, spreadsheet packages/software out there. plus if you refer to a specific application your marker may not necessarily know of it...

^___^
HSC
yeap...and the most common thing that all IT class should do is (correct me if i am wrong) is enterprise skill

study that part, coz thats a big core topic

edit: thx del, site was cool

del

HSC
N/A
yep enterprise skill definatley for Section III.

Because its gonna be some long response question, where your style of writing, and your knowledge of enterprise info tech industry will definatley have an affect.

though last year, was suprised that it wasnt that much on system integrity

del

HSC
N/A
oops i mean maintaining system integrity...

its a hsc core unit of the IT VET course.

the one where you learn about importance of backup procedures, viruses etc etc.......

it just a good topic for a long response question because you have to be very precise in what you write and stuff

^___^
HSC
ahh, i remember...tough one...

uh oh, u mean they have a chance of asking u big essay q's based purely on that??!?!?!

del

HSC
N/A
not on the whole topic, but on a particular section..

oh and your expected to write quite a bit for each of those questions.... I think one booklet is about the average/norm (4 pages if i recall)

hmm hope im not scaring ppls........

Kn1ght_M4r3

Well for first thing just do the past papers. and if you notice they aren't really that hard, if you did computing studies earlier some of that stuff helps you out. =0) hehehehehe But if you didn't well its still easy to learn. I found last years exam was quite easy, unless they ask you to label the MAC ports which i hate and need to learn then u should be fine hehehe.

Definitely study ports! they usually chuck those questions in. and yeah not just the standard ps/2 and COM im talking about scsi and all.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Past papers seem to be the ideal place to practice. See what they ask in the past papers, and study everything about it and it's alternatives. Ports is a great example, know them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)