How cold is China really??? (1 Viewer)

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm going to Beijing for the first time and I was told that it will be very cold there. So HOW cold is it really? Is it like the snowy mountains here? Or worse?
And what type of winter clothing is suitable?

Affinity

HSC
During winters it would usually be around -5, so umm.. you would need some thick clothing.

It's very dry in the winter, and sometimes you get dust blown from the deserts to the west.

lengy

HSC
Take a piece of ice, shove it down your underwear, take a cold shower and sit in from of the freezer with the air conditioner set on the lowest possible temperature whilst thinking of Antarctica.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
SomaFairy said:
Hey I'm going to Beijing for the first time and I was told that it will be very cold there. So HOW cold is it really? Is it like the snowy mountains here? Or worse?
And what type of winter clothing is suitable?
it's bone penetrating cold. Be prepared to wear layers of jumpers and a decent coat or something of that nature. Even then, don't count me on it. It's that cold.

And why the fuck would you go to beijing? It's crap. China's crap unless you like food and window shopping.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
T-mac01 said:
it's bone penetrating cold. Be prepared to wear layers of jumpers and a decent coat or something of that nature. Even then, don't count me on it. It's that cold.

And why the fuck would you go to beijing? It's crap. China's crap unless you like food and window shopping.
Yeah some people might respect their heritage over at beijing.

"unless you like food" BAHAHHAHHAHA what a joke; no i want to starve myself sh*tless

Btw hai anna :wave:

Bendent

HSC

very very very very cold on certain days, but on average it's better than shanghai. going to china could make you have flu for 2 months consecutively, for me at least.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
Yeah some people might respect their heritage over at beijing.

"unless you like food" BAHAHHAHHAHA what a joke; no i want to starve myself sh*tless

Btw hai anna :wave:
So you think I don't respect my heritage. But my question to you is, how would going around a tour in Beijing and all the tourist spots make people respect their heritage more than those who haven't.
The history of China is far from just a couple of old towers and forbidden city as you should know. To truly remember our heritage would be almost impossible for our generation of ABCs. They are virtually foreigners if not more severe than the locals who are actually interested in our Chinese culture.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Bendent said:

very very very very cold on certain days, but on average it's better than shanghai. going to china could make you have flu for 2 months consecutively, for me at least.
how the fuck is beijing is better than shanghai in terms of warmth?
shanghai would rarely drop below freezing

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
azn_gangsta81 said:
Apparently people say Beijing's relatively drier than Shanghai. Shanghai's kinda mouldy which make people feel cooler.

Bendent

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
on average i would say it's warmer than shanghai but beijing can be colder than shanghai on certain days.

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Take a piece of ice, shove it down your underwear, take a cold shower and sit in from of the freezer with the air conditioner set on the lowest possible temperature whilst thinking of Antarctica.
haha thanks to your reply, I brought like two incredibly warm jackets, those japanese heat packs, snow pants, and super warm gloves!!
Maybe it was because I travelled there in early Dec, Beijing was more like walking in a fridge and I was fine in a woollen jumper and jeans. But because I got to Shanghai in mid Dec, it was REALLY cold !! But the main observation I made in China was not the weather but the contrast between the grand historical monuments and the disappointingly rude and unhygienic country it has now become.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
if you still havn't left yet: LOTSA THICK CLOTH... or your will regret it..

/wave at affinity
heya!!! long time no see... literally LOL

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I'd be more worried about the pollution. Maybe it was just the strong winds the week I was there, but Beijing smells pretty bad. Hope they clean it up by '08. I was also hopping to run into one of their famous 'chinglish' signs but I didn't see too much of them. Maybe they've improved their english skills?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Most of the major chinese cities have major pollution problems
they better fix it before the olympics next year, thats for sure

Bendent

HSC
what971 said:
I'd be more worried about the pollution. Maybe it was just the strong winds the week I was there, but Beijing smells pretty bad. Hope they clean it up by '08. I was also hopping to run into one of their famous 'chinglish' signs but I didn't see too much of them. Maybe they've improved their english skills?
i don't think pollution problems can be solved that fast...takes a lot of time. with the chinglish thing...i reckon they just don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)