How can I turn it back (1 Viewer)

Ringo.X

HSC
Hi guys,
I am currently in yr12 and has been sick since yr11. I've been having to take days off school very often since yr11 due to my declining health, which made it difficult for me to build a solid foundation with the prelim course and I also had to drop ext maths because I couldn't keep up. The most annoying thing about my illness is that it heavily impacted my memory and concentration, and because of this my hsc journey has been a pretty rough one. Factually speaking my internal rankings are not too horrible (except chem cuz chem is just built different 💀), but I'm rlly not happy with them. My subjects are:
- English Adv
- Maths Adv
- Japanese continuers
- Japanese Ext
- Bio
- Chem (this I struggle with this the most, having an average around 40%, mainly struggling with understanding and memorising content)
Honestly I don't think I stand any chance of making significant improvement or bounce back to my level before getting sick (I was a pretty capable student throughout junior years, but I guess it doesn't mean anything). However I would still like to try cuz my current performance is very upsetting and I don't want my high school life to end so unfulfilled. So I was wondering if anyone who had gone through a similar experience could offer me some valuable advice.
Thanks a lot!

lunarelle

HSC
N/A
Hey :)

Have you considered applying for EAS, disability provisions or SRS? I think it will help you if you've been disadvantaged due to a medical condition.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)