How can i study for SDD? (1 Viewer)

xibeleli

HSC
My teacher is completely useless (no seriously) and i dont want to study just the whole SDD textbook.

My question is there like a good website or book that covers sdd syllabus dotpoints thats quite easy to understand (already got excel books, samuel davis)

T

Troy2287

I'm sorry to say it, but SDD is one of the most content filled courses in the HSC...The only way you can study is using the text book...or your teacher. Summarise the text book and study from that.

EDIT: Don't forget past papers are also priceless ;-)

dumarab

HSC
nah the guy above me is wrong.....theres usually heaps of algorithims in the test....and there really isnt that much content.

the main bits are:
*Fetch-execute
*Translation ( learn the different types, interpretation complication and incremental) they allways come in the test
*distinguish between different documentations (intrinsic ect...)
*Distinguish between different software development approaches

Evilo

HSC
Follow syllabus dot points
Complete past papers - and mark them honestly, then go over incorrect answers and summarise those sections from the text so you don't make the same mistake twice.
Do algorithms* - and some low level programming.
Complete CSSA and other trial papers
Summarise text book
Make little note cards.

When i say 'algoritms', look at examples of possible situations and create algoritms to solve them. The papers are full of them and think of some yourself. When i did SDD they had a situation of a movie theatre reservation system, similar to hoyts hornsby. Mind you i did the course back in 2004 :p

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I've summarised the entire textbook! Far out there are so many pages. hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)