How can I memorise this in 6 days? (1 Viewer)

StephanieMit

HSC
Hey everyone!
My exams start next week and I've just started learning my english essay. Its 8 paragraphs long. Currently I type it out once and try to memorise it, then type it out again and if I'm stuck, I just look at the essay and keep typing. I'm just afraid that I won't memorise this in time. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

SunnyScience

HSC
I learnt 3 essays in 1 day, and 1 essay perfectly in 1 day too. You have more than enough time. :)

jwilkinson

HSC
Firstly, just chill while you still can.. its only yr 9/10
secondly, write it out. a lot more effective than typing. make the paragraph sentences into bullet points and memorise those points and you should be sweeeeet as. 6 days is agesss

iEatOysters

HSC
I suggest you write it out several times. Don't type it, as you won't be typing in the exam.
It should only take a few hours max. Certainly not days...

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
yeah, write it out this is because it stimulates a term commonly used as "muscle memory" it not only stimulates your hand in writing the information in order, but also upon doing the exam your hand/brain will connect allowing you to pretty much remember from that past experience of movement which stage of reciting the memory you're up to, hence allowing you to effectively memorise an essay.
Disadvantages of this method: Needs a fair amount of paper, so hope you like trees!

deloving

HSC
You're trying to learn it by typing it up? Try rewriting each paragraph 3 times and then rewrite the whole essays 2 times and you should remember it :D

Indoz

HSC
its not that hard, shouldnt take you longer than a day, just write it out and keep reading it out ... on another note, are you sure that it is the exact essay question, coz if its not, ur stuffed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)