how can i apply for the disadvantage points (1 Viewer)

UNZPME

HSC
hey evry1 can anyone plzzz tel me how to apply for the disadvantage points like is there a form i have 2 fill out or something. i told my careers advisor/year adviser and she told 2 me that she doesnt know how :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: plzz eny1 help me:mad:

runnable

HSC
UNZPME said:
hey evry1 can anyone plzzz tel me how to apply for the disadvantage points like is there a form i have 2 fill out or something. i told my careers advisor/year adviser and she told 2 me that she doesnt know how :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: plzz eny1 help me:mad:

LOL... I'm not too sure either but its appalling your careers advisor doesn't.

UNZPME

HSC
yeh well my year advisor is my carerrs advioser and she doesnt know how because she has never done it before so what can i do :S

UNZPME

HSC
yeh sory i do mean the EAS scheme but its for another reason and today i just asked her for the form and she gave it to me but there is a section were in required me 2 enter a EAS code were do i get it from :S

leon4u

HSC
Im in the same situation and currently filling out the form do u actually get more uai points?

UNZPME

HSC
were i stil cant find the info i just have 7sheets of paper what page is it:S

loler

HSC
already filled mine out. your carrers advisor must give u a copy of the form and the instructiion booklet with all the ED codes in it and information/documentation you would need to provide fro each disadvantage u apply for. the advisor must really suck and no no what there doing. and yes u really do get extra points depending on the degree of the disadvantage. plus there is a place for ur career advisor/principal to fill out to confirm the disadvantage and hence its affects. since he/she doesnt even know about the booklet suggests they might not even know they got a section to fill. anyway u got about 8 days to fill it out and get it to uac either by post or personal delivery.
hope that helps

loler

HSC
UNZPME said:
were i stil cant find the info i just have 7sheets of paper what page is it:S
its more than just 7 sheets u probably just have the writing form and not instruction manual and there ment to come together. again go to www.uac.edu.au and download the complete form as without it u will give missing information and not knoe the ED codes.

UNZPME

HSC
yeh yh thanx s0o much guys :D:D:D i just need the booklet s0o the website wil have it wil it and form there i can fill out the forms but 1 problem isnt the title caleed Educational Access Schemes Apllication 2009 Admisiion oh and what if the skool doesnt have any information about ur disabiltys?

loler

HSC
UNZPME said:
yeh yh thanx s0o much guys :D:D:D i just need the booklet s0o the website wil have it wil it and form there i can fill out the forms but 1 problem isnt the title caleed Educational Access Schemes Apllication 2009 Admisiion oh and what if the skool doesnt have any information about ur disabiltys?
if ur skool doesnt have inforamtion on disabilty u may have, then get a medical certificate from ur family doctor to confirm it and they(the school) have to agree and state its true, just attach the medical certificate to it wen u dsend it in to UAC. yes the title is called that.

UNZPME

HSC
sory i just want to ask 1more thing that i haven mentioned yet ....i want to know if my school is a disadvantage skool were automatic points are given i attend 2 condell park high ....

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
No, it wont change your UAI. It will only lower the UAI requirements for a course that you want to enter.

loler

HSC
UNZPME said:
sory i just want to ask 1more thing that i haven mentioned yet ....i want to know if my school is a disadvantage skool were automatic points are given i attend 2 condell park high ....
doubt it again ask ur career advisor

Misty55

HSC
Bonus points depend on what uni and what course you are applying for.
Your CA will know a bit more about your specific school.
You can also check it out on the uni website.

Crates

Banned
HSC
Misty55 said:
Bonus points depend on what uni and what course you are applying for.
Your CA will know a bit more about your specific school.
You can also check it out on the uni website.
Hi, when's the form for bonus points due?

loz8888

HSC
Heres some info from UAC regarding the Educational Access Scheme;

Educational Access Schemes (EAS)
Most institutions have Educational Access Schemes (EAS) for applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage.
If you think you are eligible, you should submit an EAS application to UAC, in addition to your UAC application. You can only submit one EAS application to UAC.
Follow these steps:
Step 1: Check the institution entries to find out which institutions offer an Educational Access Scheme. Different schemes have different eligibility/availability criteria.
Step 2: Download a copy of the EAS Booklet and EAS application form. You can download extra copies of the Applicant's statement and Educational impact statement if you need to.
Step 3: If you have any questions, call UAC on (02) 9752 0200.
Step 4: Submit your on-time EAS application to UAC no later than Tuesday 30 September 2008. Late applications through UAC will be accepted until Friday 28 November 2008. Some institutions allow late direct applications after the UAC closing date; others do not.

Crates

Banned
HSC
loz8888 said:
Heres some info from UAC regarding the Educational Access Scheme;

Educational Access Schemes (EAS)
Most institutions have Educational Access Schemes (EAS) for applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage.
If you think you are eligible, you should submit an EAS application to UAC, in addition to your UAC application. You can only submit one EAS application to UAC.
Follow these steps:
Step 1: Check the institution entries to find out which institutions offer an Educational Access Scheme. Different schemes have different eligibility/availability criteria.
Step 2: Download a copy of the EAS Booklet and EAS application form. You can download extra copies of the Applicant's statement and Educational impact statement if you need to.
Step 3: If you have any questions, call UAC on (02) 9752 0200.
Step 4: Submit your on-time EAS application to UAC no later than Tuesday 30 September 2008. Late applications through UAC will be accepted until Friday 28 November 2008. Some institutions allow late direct applications after the UAC closing date; others do not.
cool, thanks for that lozza!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)