how awsome was deni.. (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
wrangler said:
I HAVE NO IDEA about the place, only vagley no where it is,i put it down as my second choice i think, and only mabey two new england course to mabey 4 or more at CSU, is there like a zillion campuses???i probly shoulda reaserched all this, i applied for early entry with ag economics 1st then agribusiness, then agg law. it was so much eiaser than CSU, do you no what the chances of getting in on early entry are..a friend told me they pretty much aceppted her cause she was in her schools show team, and i bloody run ours, and do all that kinda crap, hopefull year adviser rembered this!!
all i even no about the place is everyone tells me its cold and far away, but that wount worry me...its there that many country people that go there, i HAAAAAATEEE city with passion n need normal ppl around me....ie the daggy flanno wearing ute drivin....hmm i could think of millions more questions, but gotta go study...
yeah i'd say at least 60% of people at UNE (prob more) are here on early entry so you should be right... there are heaps of country people - especially albies and robb (i'm at albies and i'd say there are about 10 out of 300 people that are from sydney or brisbane... i'm one of them, but most people say i'm as far from city as you can get!! lol.. us city people aren't that bad!)... there is only one campus - in armidale, so it's pretty far for you - BUT SO SO SO MUCH FUN!!! and UNE probably has a better college life than CSU (ie. csu the colleges are pretty much just a place to live, UNE you get a social life, academic support etc..)
keep firing the questions if u want!!

wrangler

HSC
hey yeah i will wen i think of them
just got home from english feel like crap, so brain not in thinkin mood. thats alots ppl who got in on eary entry..wat corse u doin, yeah only goinfor social life, i thikn ur swayin me in that direction, ie away from csu..

its bloody half ARSE RAINING!!!! grrr i need to go for a runn, my wranglers dont event fit any more

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
wrangler said:
hey yeah i will wen i think of them
just got home from english feel like crap, so brain not in thinkin mood. thats alots ppl who got in on eary entry..wat corse u doin, yeah only goinfor social life, i thikn ur swayin me in that direction, ie away from csu..

its bloody half ARSE RAINING!!!! grrr i need to go for a runn, my wranglers dont event fit any more
i do rural science... its good but a pretty tough course (lots of chemistry..) only about 20 people graduate each year from it apparently!

ag bus is a fairly straightforward course as far as i'm aware, ag ecos seems like a good course - its pretty highly regarded too

and yeah UNE social life is the best (especially at the colleges) - i'd apply for colleges now though... otherwise you'll miss out on preferences and get stuck somewhere you don't want to be!

wrangler

HSC
what do mean apply for collage noe, ive applied through UAC and all that crap, or are u tkn bout likr collage collage's not uni?hmmmm now im confused, but it is early in the morning.....i wonna no when ill actally fing out if i get in on early aplication, i think its not till december or something.....and if u are tlkin bout specifc ag collages like tocal and that, thats not what i wonna do..
lol i HATE all science...with a passion at times..

wrangler

HSC
RU SAYING THAT I HAVE TO APPLY FOR THE ACCOMIDATION I WANT AT A PARTICULAR COLLAGE CAMPUS NOW????BEFOR I EVEN NO IF I GOT IN AND ALSO HAVE TO PAY 50 BUCKS!?!?!??!???? IS THAT WAT UR SAYING CAUSE IM AT THE WEBSITE NOW and fuck im confussed

wrangler

HSC
me again...ppl are gona start thinkin i live here. wat should i put down as my three prefrences , i dont even no where the place is,, and when are applications due by??

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
wrangler said:
me again...ppl are gona start thinkin i live here. wat should i put down as my three prefrences , i dont even no where the place is,, and when are applications due by??
yeah college is the place you live at while you are at uni... and apply NOW (the closing date was actually september 30, but apply asap and you'll be right) - and yeah u do have to pay $50, even if you don't end up coming here

i'd say my top three would be
1) albies
2) robb
3) duval

those would be top in terms of the people that do ag related courses and seem to be into the things that you are... although robb is probably a more country and aggie college - so you might want to put that as 1... albies has bigger rooms and better food though - and still pretty country

anyways - print off the form and get it in asap if you want to have a good chance at a place

wrangler

HSC
why the fuck do i have to apply now, wen i mighten even go there, u can like apply by the web but i dont understand the diffrence, ie it dont tell u weather cater or wat crap.....thats dumb...fuck it grrrrrrrrr im at the site now and its only NOVEMBER 30TH and APPARENTLY ill find out about early entry at END OF NOVEMBER...
i only want like self caterd accomidation, and it soesent tell u wich is which little help here!! ill keep browsen and see what i can find
thanx!!!

wrangler

HSC
iu dont undrerstand all the diffrent COLLAGES so to speak like wats with that, ure all goin to the same uni arnet u ?????so confused

wrangler

HSC
\do u no where i can get info about the diffrent accomidation options, i dont even have a general booklet tellin me about une, and i need no diffrence btwn option befor applying for accomidation, im goin to skool this arvo 4 an exam, and ill ask my careers bloke if we have any book and crap, but other wise im screwed, if i email them will they post me sum stufff? will some one???

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
yeah if u email them they can post stuff for you

college is the place where you live - but yes you all go to uni at UNE....

as for self catered - the only options are wright village (doesn't have the college atmosphere though...) and albies have a few self catered places but you can't be self catered in first year....

they like you to apply early so the colleges can get an idea of how many people are applying - and albies do interviews in late november/early december... so that's why u need to apply early

wrangler

HSC
fuckk fuck fuck......yeah well i supose i bettta get myself fucken organzied, y the fuck cant u get self caterd in first year....bloody helll....hmmmm interview.....lol i live 10 hours away i found out today!!!!!! uni is turning into a very expensive exersize thats for sure...and its not like u can get a job around there....hmmm mabey orange will be an option now...ok thanx

wrangler

HSC
is there any books and crap avalible at campus about accomidation some one can post to me because i tried emailing student center but i thikn computer fucked, and i dont no if it has sent or not

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
you can do your interview over the phone... so that's not an issue (although if u can it's good to come up here and check it out)

just be aware that living so far away you won't be going home all term (and they can be up to 10 weeks long) - and that can get frustrating when other people only live an hour away and can go home every weekend although that does depend on how much you like home and your family - might not be an issue at all!!

there aren't any books on accomodation or anything - emailing student centre would be the best as far as i could tell - or phoning them (i think the number is 6773 2222)

wrangler

HSC
i think ill just wack in my appications for acccomidation anyway as rob, albie, duval, although i would like to no the cost diffrence betwen them
dont care about not going home HOPEFULLY will be having to much fun to care, and thats half the reason im goin, (to get away from family) once every 2 or 3 months os more than enough...thanx you ver much! sis would probly come vist just cause off all country people, shes heading to her fist bns soon, very excited lol
thanx

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i think they all cost about the same (within about $10/week) - you're looking at about $240 a week next year (for food and acommodation)... its pretty expensive so hopefully you have good parents/scholarship/youth allowance (or all of the above)

wrangler

HSC
how much do u, or do ppl genrally get from yuoth allowance for living away from home hmmm this is turing into a very expensive exersize...are u goin to aria park this weekend
?i m very tempoted to go, if i could afford it

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
wrangler said:
how much do u, or do ppl genrally get from yuoth allowance for living away from home hmmm this is turing into a very expensive exersize...are u goin to aria park this weekend
?i m very tempoted to go, if i could afford it
i get $425 a fortnight (youth allowance and rent assistance) and if u are careful with your $$ you can make it cover your college fees

there are also quite a lot of scholarships and stuff avaliable so you should check them out too...

and no not going to ariah park - way too far away and we had the Rural Science Society Graduation Ball on last night...

wrangler

HSC
yeah couldnt relly find scolarship stuff on website, but got distracted by bying formal stuff of ebay! thats a lot, i thought u where a sydney chick ie lots of money already therefor not able to get youth allowance????mother judt informed me she doesent wantme to go to armidal cause its to far aware...that was half the point of going,,stupid bitch

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
wrangler said:
yeah couldnt relly find scolarship stuff on website, but got distracted by bying formal stuff of ebay! thats a lot, i thought u where a sydney chick ie lots of money already therefor not able to get youth allowance????mother judt informed me she doesent wantme to go to armidal cause its to far aware...that was half the point of going,,stupid bitch
i worked my butt off for a year to earn the $16K required to be classed as "independent" and get youth allowance...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)