How are these silly mistakes marked? (1 Viewer)

get_back23

HSC
Hey guys

Jst did the exam for 2 unit maths

There was some mistakes that i realised after the test, it would be sweet if you guys can tell me how they are going to be marked

1. evaluate a function with 2 strips of trapezoidal rule, i did 2 function values instead of 3, it was a 2 mark question. Would i get 1 mark or none?

i. show that 1/x-1 - 1/x+1 = 2/x^2 -1
ii integrate 1/x^2 -1 dx , but i thought it was integrate 2/x^2 -1, which means i forgot to put 1/2 infront of the integral, was a 2 mark question for part ii, would i get 1 mark or 0?

3.draw y=2cos2x -1 i forgot to put the y intercepts, out of 2,

thanks so much in advance!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If your silly mistake made the question substantially easier, you run the risk of even getting 0 marks.

For the integration one, you would just lose 1 mark.

For the sketching, you would lose 1 mark as well.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If your silly mistake made the question substantially easier, you run the risk of even getting 0 marks.
I thought that too, but of it was a simple error then it may get 1 mark, but really depends on the marker.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes, even for the graphing one. Schools can be very picky with marking.

ie: Beforehand I lost a mark in a Polynomial Sketching question because despite having everything there (SP, POI, Intercepts etc), I got docked a mark for not drawing a scale (even though it's not required in the HSC!)

I was infuriated, but hey life is unfair.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

ie: Beforehand I lost a mark in a Polynomial Sketching question because despite having everything there (SP, POI, Intercepts etc), I got docked a mark for not drawing a scale (even though it's not required in the HSC!)

This. A bunch of kids in other classes lost marks for not putting scales and stuff, but not many in our class (our teacher was the one that was picky so we knew).

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

I lost a mark in chemistry because I used a method that the textbook taught instead of the weird one he taught us. It was still right, I think he was just pissed I didn't use "his way", which is just stupid.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I lost a mark in chemistry because I used a method that the textbook taught instead of the weird one he taught us. It was still right, I think he was just pissed I didn't use "his way", which is just stupid.
Did you take it to the coordinator?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)