how are these marks? (1 Viewer)

bruh4

HSC
These are trial marks for CSSA 2022, rank is based on trial marks (school doesn't give actual ranks)

Advanced Eng: 85/100 (top ten)
Advanced Math 62/100 (its over)
Bio: 79/100 (top mark was 94, maybe rank 20+?)
Ancient: 90/100 (top ten)
Modern History 81/100 (not sure abt ranking, average was 77 in a cohort of 40ish kids)

school is ranked top 50

edit:i didn't want to give exact ranking

thank

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Whether you consider your marks to be good depends on your own standards, including your ATAR goal. Generally speaking, CSSA papers can be considered slightly more difficult than HSC papers. Based on this, it would be reasonable to suggest that your marks in your Ancient History, English Advanced, Modern History and (to a lesser extent) Biology CSSA trial exams are good.

Ancient History and English Advanced appear to be your best-performing subjects. This is a positive indicator in terms of your performance in your HSC exams of these two subjects. It is therefore important to ensure that you keep preparing as you get closer to the HSC exam period, which will hopefully lead you to favourable performance in both subjects, consequently increasing your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

Regarding Modern History and Biology, it also seems like you have the potential to perform well in the HSC exams of these two subjects. However, your marks could indicate that there might be areas of improvement to address. You may therefore wish to consider revisiting and emphasising any concepts that you may not be fully confident with as part of your preparations.

On the other hand, Mathematics Advanced seems to be your lowest-performing subject. Given that you are taking 10 units, it is crucial to prepare for your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam to the best of your abilities so that you can ensure the best possible performance in your exam, especially because it will count towards your ATAR. You can do so by seeking clarification with concepts that you may not fully understand as well as completing a range of practice material, including past HSC exam papers, trial papers and textbook questions.

I hope this helps! :D

bruh4

HSC
Whether you consider your marks to be good depends on your own standards, including your ATAR goal. Generally speaking, CSSA papers can be considered slightly more difficult than HSC papers. Based on this, it would be reasonable to suggest that your marks in your Ancient History, English Advanced, Modern History and (to a lesser extent) Biology CSSA trial exams are good.

Ancient History and English Advanced appear to be your best-performing subjects. This is a positive indicator in terms of your performance in your HSC exams of these two subjects. It is therefore important to ensure that you keep preparing as you get closer to the HSC exam period, which will hopefully lead you to favourable performance in both subjects, consequently increasing your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

Regarding Modern History and Biology, it also seems like you have the potential to perform well in the HSC exams of these two subjects. However, your marks could indicate that there might be areas of improvement to address. You may therefore wish to consider revisiting and emphasising any concepts that you may not be fully confident with as part of your preparations.

On the other hand, Mathematics Advanced seems to be your lowest-performing subject. Given that you are taking 10 units, it is crucial to prepare for your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam to the best of your abilities so that you can ensure the best possible performance in your exam, especially because it will count towards your ATAR. You can do so by seeking clarification with concepts that you may not fully understand as well as completing a range of practice material, including past HSC exam papers, trial papers and textbook questions.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys. I did my biology internal exam for HSC and I think i fucked it up cause I wasted time on a 2 mark question I probs got wrong anyways. I probs lost 10 marks at least and it’s out of 40 marks. There are about 100 people in my cohort say if my ranking turned out to be 80-90 . Is it still possible to get top 10 for overall internal ranking??

The weighting of this task is 20% weighting . I got 4th for prelims before but the skills test sucked a lot. Does internal marks/ranking even affect the overall mark that much?? Do you guys think I can still boost my ranking and overall mark to top 10? Or better? if so what mark would I need to maintain after this? What is the biology trial exam %weighting? I’ll still be happy with top 20 or even 30 ish don’t get me wrong i just have a pressure with wanting to maintain that prelim rank and it’s been a disappointment for bio. Do you think I can still get above 95 atar? Maybe if I do relatively well for my others? This expectation looks ridiculously bad and self centred but im just really stressed. Please let me know how will it work. Cause bio was a subject that I really liked and studied for. Has anyone ever had this setback and pushed themself up without doing any extension subjects or physics?

my subjects are
maths adv
Biology
English adv
Business
Economics
Despite unfavourable performance in what I assume was your first internal task, there is still 80% of your internal performance that is yet to be determined, therefore giving you a great opportunity to turn things around in your favour by performing well in your upcoming assessment tasks/exams and improve your rank. A rank within the top 10 is definitely possible, although that will depend on how much you can improve your performance and whether that will be sufficient to exceed the standard of performance of other students in your cohort. However, your position in year 11 can be a good indication in this regard. Since the maximum weighting allowed for a trial exam is 30%, this will likely be the weighting of your school's trial exam. Of course, it would be a good idea to check whether this is the case, either by referring to your assessment booklet or contacting your teacher.

Essentially, an HSC mark, which is the final overall mark that you receive for a particular subject (in this case, Biology) is determined by taking the average of two marks, one of them being the Assessment Mark. This is the mark that reflects your internal performance and is determined using your rank relative to your cohort under a process called moderation and contributes 50% your HSC mark in that subject, making the Assessment Mark quite significant in terms of determining an HSC mark.

An ATAR above 95 is definitely still possible. Several students who may have not had a great start in one of their subjects were able to improve their performance throughout year 12 and were able to achieve outstanding ATARs. Of course, this possibility does not only depend on your performance in Biology, but in all of your subjects. This is therefore something that you should keep in mind.

I hope this helps! 😄

carrotsss

HSC
Is it still possible to get top 10 for overall internal ranking??
Yes
Does internal marks/ranking even affect the overall mark that much??
Yes internals are worth 50% of your overall
Do you guys think I can still boost my ranking and overall mark to top 10?
Yes
Or better?
Depends
if so what mark would I need to maintain after this?
Depends how hard the rest of the exams are
What is the biology trial exam %weighting?
30% usually
Do you think I can still get above 95 atar?
Yes
Maybe if I do relatively well for my others?
Yes
Has anyone ever had this setback and pushed themself up without doing any extension subjects or physics?
Yes, lots of people

I know that it can be very stressful but try to relax a bit. You’re gonna be okay, and in the grand scheme of things, this is only like 2% of your final hsc overall. It’s fine to be a bit anxious after a bad result but once the emotions have passed it’s important to channel your energy into making improvements so that you can recover and achieve your goal. Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)