How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (3 Viewers)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Lazy you Riviet :O, not a word I would of thought of describing you. I think a lot of students are like that this time of year just taking a slow start to the year.
With a good excuse, they're taking it slow.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok. Its week 3 of year 12 and omg its already stressful. I have a crazy extension 2 English teacher who wants me to write a 5000 word thesis within the month, I have to study for a Maths assessment next week and I have 2 essays to write over my weekend. On top of that I need to practice music cause i have an assesment coming up for that and I have several concerts where I'm a soloist. What can I do to reduce the stress load?

P

pLuvia

Do a bit of each every day? or finish one then do the other. My advice start now

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Nicci_15 said:
Ok. Its week 3 of year 12 and omg its already stressful. I have a crazy extension 2 English teacher who wants me to write a 5000 word thesis within the month, I have to study for a Maths assessment next week and I have 2 essays to write over my weekend. On top of that I need to practice music cause i have an assesment coming up for that and I have several concerts where I'm a soloist. What can I do to reduce the stress load?
I can't tel you to rip up your assignments and burn them.
Prioritise! Do the more important, bigger things first. Since maths is up, start studying for maths but don't forget about the other stuff, though.
It'll get worse later in the year.

BTW it's not week 3 of year 12. To me it's like week 14.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
So far this year, haven't had a very good start at all. Been a bit lazy but hanging in there, and still trying to get on top of things...
THANK YOU RIVIET. i feel a bit better as it's not only me feeling the same way ;; =p when school started i felt so fresh and ready to work hard. but after a few days it just started to go downhill ><" hoping to change that .. i have camp next week woOt .. ^^;;

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Camp for what? that's not a good idea especially because it's year 12 where every second counts :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Camp for what? that's not a good idea especially because it's year 12 where every second counts :p
religion for 2days. yes i thought that too in the holidays when i realised it was in week 4 term 1. but once i got to this point i just thought i needed a little break so i can come back refreshed and hopefully motivated enough !

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
I see, have fun then. When is it?
monday till wednesday i come back i think like at 11:30am-12:00 planning to go state libarey after that haha .. yes yes im such a nerd to be carrying textbooks to camp but i can't be bothered to go home and go back to the city afterwards. anyways anyone wanna come is more than welcomed ! ^^ ;;

P

pLuvia

hopeles5ly said:
monday till wednesday i come back i think like at 11:30am-12:00 planning to go state libarey after that haha .. yes yes im such a nerd to be carrying textbooks to camp but i can't be bothered to go home and go back to the city afterwards. anyways anyone wanna come is more than welcomed ! ^^ ;;
Take a break, you just got back from camp.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
Take a break, you just got back from camp.
pftt i would but i seriously havent done a lot since the term started which is making me feel heaps guilty ><" also the fact that my half yearlies are at week 10. sighz life of a year 12 sucks but what you gonna do about it !

NellyBelly89

HSC
I love(NOT!!) that i had a wonderful Yr 11 and this year i came back and half our staff left and unfortunately that half were the ones we loved and needed most. I have a new Ancient History teacher who is first year out of uni and just talks to us about Big Day out and sings. Call in the ex-teacher as a tutor. But other than having zero confidence in anyone im cruising along, being positive and looking ahead for more positives. (David Gray concert for example-April 22nd)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
NellyBelly89 said:
I love(NOT!!) that i had a wonderful Yr 11 and this year i came back and half our staff left and unfortunately that half were the ones we loved and needed most. I have a new Ancient History teacher who is first year out of uni and just talks to us about Big Day out and sings. Call in the ex-teacher as a tutor. But other than having zero confidence in anyone im cruising along, being positive and looking ahead for more positives. (David Gray concert for example-April 22nd)
yeah i have new teachers too. my new business teacher makes us copy out of the bloody textbook for most of the lesson ! we had really good class discussions before in year 11 but i don't think there gonna happen again ..

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i still remember at this time of the year LAST YEAR i had the same amount of pressure upon me, if not more. here, an English in-class essay to do. here, a physics research assignment. here, another maths topic test. there, must complete proposal for SDD major project. thats on top of everday homework, sport and other committements. absolutely crazy.

but, you just gotta keep at it. keep on chipping away at what u have to do. perhaps finish one exercise from a chapter out of the maths textbook, finish an exercise from ur science book, summarise one sub-section of an economics chapter, read over and highlight important key paragraphs/points in ur perscribed text, read ur extra texts to be used for english, do at least one 'entry' and perhaps a design or drawing into ur visual arts process diary. all these little things will add up in the end.

keep ur head up, keep cool, always stay positive, learn from ur mistakes, learn from this experience. in other words, EMBRACE THE HSC. Feel it, look at it, touch it, live it.

Just for 8 meesly months. and its all over --> 4 months of pure paradise to reward urself in the end. :)

Versace...

HSC
i still dont feel like im in yr12. !!! But im goin well
IM PUMMPED and ready for 2006!!

Lallorona

HSC
The stress is starting to creep in. I'm finding the prospect of Extension Two Eng extremely daunting

mt87

(((matty)))
HSC
The teacher i hav rite now are great n helpful in yr 12...i findin 2 get mi act 2gether.....to do a better performace than the past few yrs...lots of assessments 2 get though with...

tiya

I live in Homebush but i go to school in the city
HSC
where do all the best teachers go in yr 12? its like they go "oh, their in yr 12 now, got to move on to a lowere, more insignificat class.." ??? and the teachers we do get just sit there going "umm...yes...yr 12...umm..that nice to know..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)