how are people feeling for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
well,with just a week until the PD HSC exam im starting to get freaked out!! there is sooooo much to know and the topics can be so specific, i dont know if i'll learn it all in time! how are all you guys feeling? are you in the same boat as me or do you know everything and feel confident? i looked at last years paper and it was really specific, i wouldntve done very well, im hoping the questions will be better this year!!!
im pretty confident on my sports med option and the ottawa charter!! but i always bum out in the multiple choice!
what are your strong and weak points?
i just wanna know how everyone else in the state is going!!
our class consists of 8 people!!

Brad

I think i should be alright, well i hope so... I have Chem in the morning right before it so i am focusing on getting that and eng out of the way and then i should feel better.

cj_bridle

HSC
Brad said:
I think i should be alright, well i hope so... I have Chem in the morning right before it so i am focusing on getting that and eng out of the way and then i should feel better.
yeh im in the same boat... ive always been able to bs a few answers in pe so hopefully i can pull it off again haha..

oh crap i got so much to do for pe lol

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
I'm feeling fairly confident but multiple choice is the part I hate. I prefer the extended response questions. Good luck to everyone though!

cj_bridle

HSC
yeh multi choice is the worst for pe because there are always ones which could be the right answer but they arent the MOST right.. that screws me up a lot

although i do love it when they give u information in the multiple choice which helps you for an extended response :)

SweetSeasons

HSC
eh, i do extended first and if I can't answer one i'll continue through them then do mulit choice and hope the answer comes to me.

I know the content, I think, lol. Core 1 and Core 2 are pretty easy and I'm concentrated on the stuff that hasn't been asked yet n extended responses. I just have to work hard on Sports Med and revise Sport in Australian Society, i think that is what the option is called.

With PE it's all about how you answer the question. Which sucks because I know the content I strugle with answering questions.

I should be able to get a band 4, if i get a band 5 I will be extatic.

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
I usually do multiple choice first because sometimes you can use information and statistics from answers for the extended response questions.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
with every question, except for multiple choice, use examples every time.

rob333

HSC
I reckon its shit how they have it on the same day as chemistry seeing as though they are both fairly heavy subjects, and also a common combination among students. And they should have short answer questions in order to cover more of the course content, rather than long responses which leave you stuffed if your weak on just one section of the syllabus.

Does anyone have any special tips for dealing with two tests and only a 1hr break?

Use SEX when explaining: Statement, Explanation, eXample

I've done a fair bit of study, but I'm not confident. It all depends on the questions they choose.

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
ok, looks like im at about the same place as most people, but i think im relying too much on a good questions becuase there are some things i really dont know! well instead of sitting here writing about it i better go study!!
im sooo glad i dont have another exam the same day or day before!!
i feel sorry for people doing chem!!
good luck everyone!!!!!

bundyy

HSC
All you guys that have chem before PE... listen!! On Wednesday, you have the afternoon of after english... focus on pe!! Don't even think about chem.. and as you go to sleep on wed night, you'll have all your pe info flowing through your brain.. then wake up on thurs and study pe til 10 NO LATER THAT 10!!! from about 1030 til you sleep, just go over chem... have a break to eat/drink so you can think right and just go over chem.. then, you'll do your chem exam confidently and the hour you have in between exams, just do some hard out PE revision... PE is going to be a great exam guys... come on, at least the content it not as boring as other subjects AND how many assessments have we done throughout the year... we know our stuff and trust me guys, it'll all come to you in the exam... BEST OF LUCK AND REMEMBER, SMILE ALWAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)