How are English Advanced Essays marked? (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
they use a set of scales....
that is why people say "adv english gets sacled heaps"

they put each booklet on a set of scales, the heavier the booklet, the more marks you get.....that is why people go for the ribbon effect (multiple booklets)

how else do you expect them to go through 30,000 scripts in a matter of weeks

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Ifrit
LOL @ nickname *chuckle*
*LoL*

I have been told that our essay gets marks once, and is then put onto a 'pile', either Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. After that, a teacher receives a pile for themselves (for example, a Band 5) and will determine whether or not it should remain in the Band 5 pile. After that, another teacher will determine whether or not it is a low, mid or high Band 5.

I don't know if that's correct.. but I did hear that they get marked three times.

LadyMoon

HSC
i thought it was like:
one teacher marks it
then another marks it
if the mark gap is bigger than 2 or 3, then it gets marked by a third person.
Well there are many rumours like this anyway, i hope Honky tonk is right, because that way look much better.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redslert
they use a set of scales....
that is why people say "adv english gets sacled heaps"

they put each booklet on a set of scales, the heavier the booklet, the more marks you get.....that is why people go for the ribbon effect (multiple booklets)

how else do you expect them to go through 30,000 scripts in a matter of weeks
i thought it was a roulette wheel or a random number generator...i guess different schools have different systems.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by LadyMoon
i thought it was like:
one teacher marks it
then another marks it
if the mark gap is bigger than 2 or 3, then it gets marked by a third person.
Well there are many rumours like this anyway, i hope Honky tonk is right, because that way look much better.
that;s what i thought

Originally posted by ezzy85
i thought it was a roulette wheel or a random number generator...i guess different schools have different systems.
i've heard another as well, i will try to find the link, it does seem that all schools have different systems
can't find it, although it was this system, where they throw all the books down the flight of stairs. if anyone sees the link post it

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well me (like the guy in the otha thread) just think that they throw the booklets down a set of stairs, and which ever went the furthest will get the highest marks. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)