How And Where Do You Study? (1 Viewer)

chamelia

HSC
For Modern Hist, Design Tech, English, Art I usually condense the main points of the subject onto peices of torn up paper then walk in circles around my mum reading them out to hear, then memorise them line by line.
Once i think ive learnt it I get my mum to test me, and whatever I forgot I re-read again while walking in circles around my mum again...:)

For maths..past papers while sitting on the back verandah in the sun or on the lounge (television must be on)

holy priest

HSC
If I wanna study at home, I have to change my sleep cycles, cause it gets too noisy. My study period became around 11pm - 3am, and I'm still suffering the after effects of this. Some music in the background helps, because you get spooked by night time noises occassionally.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
MedNez said:
Ahahaha, I'm a tea fan myself.

I study on my desk (next to computer which goes off), and before maths tutoring I've been studying at a cafe that has tea/coffee et cetera.
Tea is great, but the sheer exileration of studying is enough to keep me alert!
seriously though, i just sit at my corner desk (studying) with my laptop closed- if i need a break i walk down to the library and talk to everyone
Most subjects are good to study for except english, but thats over now so its no longer a worry.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I sit right in the middle of the kitchen table, subjecting everyone to my study mess and music and to indignant shouts of "Quiet! I'm studying!" Heh.

I also mainline instant coffee, green tea, ginko biloba and chilled water.

lala2

Banned
HSC
My table has a huge pile of paper waiting to be swept into the bin as soon as HSC's over, and then I've got my laptop, and some space left to write down notes. All my folders are either on the floor in a pile or spread out over my bed.

I learn best by first highlighting (and reciting the words in my head as I do so), then writing it out (and still reciting those words in my head) then testing myself (quietly, in my head) again. The amount of paper I've written on so far is probably enough to fill half the household's paper recycling bin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)